VGM Inspired Original Composition

Nostalvania

I'm seriously a sucker for this chill, laid-back, thick jazz chords kind of music. I love what you've done here so far. Certainly was feeling a bit of a Chrono Trigger "Mystery of the Forest" vibe at one point. My only real gripe at this point is the lack of dynamics in your soprano sax sample, mainly in the C section. Otherwise, great job! Hope I'll get to hear the finished product.

By the way, is the bass being played live, or is it sampled? It sounds really nice and I've been looking for a bass sound like that.

I'm seriously a sucker for this chill, laid-back, thick jazz chords kind of music. I love what you've done here so far. Certainly was feeling a bit of a Chrono Trigger "Mystery of the Forest" vibe at one point. My only real gripe at this point is the lack of dynamics in your soprano sax sample, mainly in the C section. Otherwise, great job! Hope I'll get to hear the finished product.

By the way, is the bass being played live, or is it sampled? It sounds really nice and I've been looking for a bass sound like that.

Thank you Deedubs!

Chrono Trigger was actually the main inspiration for this track :smile:. I agree about the dynamics of the lead instrument (it's an english horn btw), i'll see what can be done, maybe i'll use another sample.

The bass is a sample. It's the Jazz upright bass from the Kontakt factory library.

Edited by Nostalvania