Metroid Prime & VVVVVV combination

tabuhli

This is kind of an odd request, but every time I imagine it in my head, I just want it to exist even more.

The game VVVVVV has such an incredible chiptune soundtrack. One of the best tracks in the game is "

". It is such a beautiful and atmospheric piece of music. So much, in fact, that it I didn't really think it needed a remix.

However, when I listened to it more, parts of the track made me think of certain parts of "

" and "Chozo Ruins" from Metroid Prime (time segments included in links).

So then I thought, "Why not combine the two?" I really think they would flow well with each other. The music could consist of electronic sounds with maybe a violin for the main melody.

I can't promise anything amazing(or that I'll be able to do it at all), but I think I'll give this a shot. I'm not the best at remixing, though, so it may come out as more of an arrangement/fusion of the themes. Tomorrow's my day off work, so I'll sit down and spend some time on it and see what I can come up with.

Edited by Kat

Woah!:shock: Thanks so much! I didn't think someone would actually do it so quickly, let alone at all!

Not a problem, the idea piqued my interest and I figured I could use a little practice. It's not that great of a mix right now though.

Feel free to head over to my thread in the workshop if you have any feedback or changes you'd like to see(or post it here, that also works). Getting busy with work so I can't promise anything, but I'll be working to improve it when I have time. It's also up for download on Soundcloud if you somehow enjoy it that much.

Edited by Kat