PS1 20th anniversary album [CANCELLED :(]

Ivan Hakštok

Would Thunder Force V: Perfect System be allowed? Because, you know... I could remix me some Thunder Force V.

Damn... I love Thunder Force, but... the PS1 version is a port of the Saturn version. I got asked about another ported game earlier today actually and I had to say no. I'll have to say no to this too :(

If it was an arcade port I'd allow it, but we can't have games that debuted on PS1's direct competitors at the time :)

Damn... I love Thunder Force, but... the PS1 version is a port of the Saturn version. I got asked about another ported game earlier today actually and I had to say no. I'll have to say no to this too :(

If it was an arcade port I'd allow it, but we can't have games that debuted on PS1's direct competitors at the time :)

Not to sound snarky, but then why allow arcade ports? They're not PS1 games, just ports, even if some only got ported to the PS1 and no other systems (the PS1 was competing with arcades as well at the time... trying to lure people away to the PS1). Plus, TFV only came to the U.S. on the PS1 via Working Designs. So there's that making it a U.S. exclusive for Sony's system.

Anyway, just thought I'd throw the offer out there since I had an idea for "The Justice Ray Part 2." Best of luck with the project :-)

Not to sound snarky, but then why allow arcade ports? They're not PS1 games, just ports, even if some only got ported to the PS1 and no other systems (the PS1 was competing with arcades as well at the time... trying to lure people away to the PS1). Plus, TFV only came to the U.S. on the PS1 via Working Designs. So there's that making it a U.S. exclusive for Sony's system.

Anyway, just thought I'd throw the offer out there since I had an idea for "The Justice Ray Part 2." Best of luck with the project :-)

Valid point. I'll have to make a firm decision right now then and say no ports allowed. I'll go through the list of currently claimed games and make sure everything's within the rules.

And I didn't know about that bit about TFV, apparently it was released on Saturn in Japan only. But still, my decision on ports stands, I wish I could include TFV on this :(

Quick, someone start a Sega Saturn remix album!

Quick' date=' someone start a Sega Saturn remix album![/quote']

Sadly, I don't think there are enough people on OCR who owned a Saturn, or at least played one regularly elsewhere, to garner enough interest/support via nostalgia for such an album. Shame too, since it does feature some great original games with wonderful music.

Oh right! Sorry about that! Well, maybe it'll get an album someday. There is a lot of great music in it.

Is Space Invaders for PS1 fair game? Or is it considered a port? It didn't originate on PS1 but it seems like it was heavily updated. I don't think there are any remixes for it on OCR either. It does have some good techno music which would be my style. I'd probably do the first stage, 'Pluto' if it's OK.

I guess that eliminates pretty much every fighting game, since most of them were on arcade first. The only ones that I know of that are only ps1 are Evil Zone, Cardinal Syn, Tobal No 1, & Digimon Rumble Arena

Some games, like Tekken 3 for instance, have their own soundtrack on the PS1, which is quite different from the Arcade version. It's worth taking that into account. :)