PS1 20th anniversary album [CANCELLED :(]

Ivan Hakštok

Zoltan's song for this is amazing, and the mixing and mastering is so good.

Important notice: when you send me your final wav, please send an unmastered one, with at least 3dB headroom :)

I suspect you did the mastering on Zoltan's song, Brandon? I was thinking of having a single person do the mastering for the entire album to avoid having loudness levels all over the place, since the range of styles on this is pretty broad. Maybe you can master the whole thing? :P

I suspect you did the mastering on Zoltan's song, Brandon? I was thinking of having a single person do the mastering for the entire album to avoid having loudness levels all over the place, since the range of styles on this is pretty broad. Maybe you can master the whole thing? :P

Oh yah, sure, I can master the whole thing.. no problem.. what does it pay? :lol:

But really, loudness levels depend on the quality of recording and sounds used as much as anything, everyone's perceived volume will sound different even if it's all consistently hamstered. 

Oh yah, sure, I can master the whole thing.. no problem.. what does it pay? :lol:

But really, loudness levels depend on the quality of recording and sounds used as much as anything, everyone's perceived volume will sound different even if it's all consistently hamstered. 

Well, I just want people to avoid reaching for volume knobs, since like I said, we have tracks ranging from slow ambient tracks to metal. I think mastering it would be a nice challenge, so I'm just wondering if you're up to it :P

Since I'm roped into this project anyway (jk lol) I'm kinda interested in claiming something since it's ending so soon (July) but on the other hand, I'm trying to move to a new house right now, so things are a little stressful. Making a song is a little more involved than mere mixing and mastering. So my question is whether you'd be cool with me trying to do a mix for this by July or not. It'd be something from The Neverhood

Looks like The Neverhood was ported from the PC, so I'd say no.

However, if there's another game you wanna remix and if you can get me a finished track before July 1st, I'll be happy to put it on the album. This goes for everyone.

Also, since Garpocalypse and SkyRiderX didn't respond to my PMs, their claims are removed. Croc is up for grabs, but there was already one FF Tactics "dibs" so I'll let you know if it's up for grabs or not. :)

there was already one FF Tactics "dibs" so I'll let you know if it's up for grabs or not. :)

Despite my best efforts things didn't pan out, so Ima let go yet another game I adore. Should try remixing games I hate next time. :/

Anyway, no point in sitting on this so close to the finish line, when so many talented OCR folks could do FFT some real justice.

Would love to contribute to this project, and if I'm able I'll send a mix your way before the deadline. But for now, my claim is void.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I won't be able to provide an update anytime soon, as I'm leaving for 2 months soon. Maybe if Tuberz sends me the final solo, I'll mix it and try to upload it whenever I get a real Internet connexion.

When exactly are you leaving? This album needs to be done as soon as possible and I don't think I can wait for two months. If all you're waiting for is the solo, maybe you can send the stems right away to Tuberz or someone else, and they can finish the mixing.