PS1 20th anniversary album [CANCELLED :(]

Ivan Hakštok

When exactly are you leaving? This album needs to be done as soon as possible and I don't think I can wait for two months. If all you're waiting for is the solo, maybe you can send the stems right away to Tuberz or someone else, and they can finish the mixing.

I'm leaving on Saturday (and my Friday is already quite packed). I may find an Internet connexion where I go, but I cannot guarantee it to be soon (won't be two months though, I'll try to find a real connexion whenever I can).

I'm uploading my track from my freaking phone during my lunch break. This alone deserves a front page post. ;)

I'll upload my first track tonight. Maybe I'll do it in an even more spartan way than you, just to outdeserve you :P

Nah, I'm pretty confident about that first track not needing it ;)

@Ivan: 24bit/44.1kHz wav with 3-6db of headroom for mastering will do, rite?

Hakstok, I have tried my best and got my arrange in a great form, but I am still not quite done yet, and I also have tomorrow's SEGA Mixer Drive to organise. I may need another couple of days with the way this is going, but no more than that.

That, and it also didn't help that life got in the way over the past few days. I'm in a position to truck onwards, though.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I wanted to contact every artist to hear their opinion but I may as well post it here:

I'm waiting on a few wavs and the artwork. I've been way too busy with stuff and I barely had any time to even think of this album and bother people a bit to get things done sooner. Most of this is my fault because I started the album idea too late, and I should've known I'd get busy near the end of college and during the summer.

I've been thinking a bit about it, and as things are standing now, there are two options: 

1. Submit the album next week, get it released as an OCRI somewhere in October/November which is a bit late but still okay for the 20th anniversary in my opinion.

2. Open up the album for all ps1 games, get it done anytime this or next year and then release it as a full OCRA album, but without paying respect to any particular anniversary

Like I said, I'd like to hear people's opinions on this. I've told this to Rexy yesterday and she feels that there are gonna be conflicts around popular games if we go with the option no. 2.