Corridor of Time (acapella/instrumental)

rhapsodos

I really think you've hit upon something good there with the voices and the piano. It's light, airy, and it really gives you that sense of mysticism that Zeal was known for. It did sort of cross a line for me with the percussive elements though, and the production quality is lacking. But that first half is beautiful.

Is the bongo-like instrument just you slapping the body of the guitar? It sounds interesting, haha. You could try double-tracking it. Maybe adding some light bongos on top of that could flesh out the percussion that you're going for some more. I agree with what Trinity said up there as well.

I really think you've hit upon something good there with the voices and the piano. It's light, airy, and it really gives you that sense of mysticism that Zeal was known for. It did sort of cross a line for me with the percussive elements though, and the production quality is lacking. But that first half is beautiful.

Thanks for the feedback! The quality of my production is something I've been trying to work on for a while, but I'm not quite sure how to go about it or where to start. Any advice would be appreciated. I'm not sure if it's the way I record things or if it's in the mixing process.

Is the bongo-like instrument just you slapping the body of the guitar? It sounds interesting, haha. You could try double-tracking it. Maybe adding some light bongos on top of that could flesh out the percussion that you're going for some more. I agree with what Trinity said up there as well.

Yeah, it is haha. It didn't come out as clear (or as bassy) on the recording as I'd have liked unfortunately – I did actually double track that, although it's kinda hard to tell. Since it's the first time I've had a proper mic to work with I'm still getting the hang on what way to angle/point it when I do things.

This is actually really, really pretty. The voices add a flavor that I haven't heard associated with this source before, and it's great. Lovin' it.

The production quality is surprisingly good, really. If I had anything to complain about it would be that the percussion is a bit loud, the clapping sounds like clipping (like, the instrument literally sounds like clipping - it actually is not), and that it's a bit too dry (though that kind of works, stylistically).

I really do like it, though. If you decide to expand on it a little (which that ending really leads to expanding, IMO) I could see it being polished up into a nice submission. If it's a done deal, that's respectable, too. Very nice :)

Cheers! Glad you enjoyed. I'm still working on getting used to how to record certain things with my mic, so I'll definitely work on that in future. I was considering on making it longer but I was pushed for recording time, hence the semi-abrupt ending. Provided I can think of more additions I may well expand on it!