Dire Dire Docks [Remaster]

NyxTheShield

It certainly is a conservative remake, but I like that you kept the original ambiance of the source.

For me, the added instruments come too late. I start off listening and think "Oh this guy just remade Dire Dire Docks," but it wasn't until a full minute into the song that I realize that this is a more substantial remix. I'd maybe cut or shorten the first loop of the source to bring the other instruments in sooner.

The comments are spot on in the link with regards to the the cymbals. Tone them down just a bit.

Nice song, bro (or sis)!

It certainly is a conservative remake, but I like that you kept the original ambiance of the source.

For me, the added instruments come too late. I start off listening and think "Oh this guy just remade Dire Dire Docks," but it wasn't until a full minute into the song that I realize that this is a more substantial remix. I'd maybe cut or shorten the first loop of the source to bring the other instruments in sooner.

The comments are spot on in the link with regards to the the cymbals. Tone them down just a bit.

Nice song, bro (or sis)!

The Drums and Strings are in the original game aswell hahaha, the strings plays when you are in water and dthe drums when you are in dry land (it had a kind of interactive audio, pretty cool :3)

It is very conservative. I'd say it's more of a remake then it is a remix, cause I'm not sure what you've done to the writing of the source to really make it your own.

It does sounds nice for what's there. Strings could probably stand to be a bit more humanized. My grip is your drums are fuhhhggggly. They serve no purpose to the song. The hats could be passable to keep a little chugging going, but your kick is too random and sporadic sounding, it really kills the feel of the song. The reverse cymbal and crashes are fine, they need a bit more eqing and mixing done to them though.

Your outtro is super weak sauce too.