Making Friends

GoldnGamer97

Hey there. I've had a great time chatting it up with remixers in all of my "request threads" and I appreciate the warm and kind responses I've received. So I was wondering if I could be of some use to anyone be it for some promotional art or just a guy to chat with. I'd love to make some friends here, as this is my first REAL forum that I'm on. Don't be shy, I love to meet new faces. I appreciate the admins here and I pray that I put this in the right section of the forum. >_<

Overall though, let me know if you want to be my friend or chat it up. You can add me as a contact or simply note me. All there is to it.

I put it in the wrong place. How do I delete threads? Not used to forums.

Edited by GoldnGamer97
I Messed UP

I used to be against this kind of networking but I found that putting yourself out there is definitely a rewarding experience especially in an online world where spammers only try to prey on people's interests. Welcome to the A-Ron friendship circle. The best place to reach me is Twitter if you want to get a hold of me.

Mods: may want to move this to the Community Discussion section, unless of course this somehow ended up here via an algorithm similar to this:

I used to be against this kind of networking but I found that putting yourself out there is definitely a rewarding experience especially in an online world where spammers only try to prey on people's interests. Welcome to the A-Ron friendship circle. The best place to reach me is Twitter if you want to get a hold of me.

Mods: may want to move this to the Community Discussion section, unless of course this somehow ended up here via an algorithm similar to this:

Well I followed you on Twitter. Thanks for this opportunity :D

I'm actually with A-Ron on this matter - there's a load of forum users out there that use Twitter and Facebook. If the people you've come to know really well have either of those two outlets as well as yourself, you're more than welcome to follow them / send a friend request respectively.

It's a great tool to keep in touch with people from the community, when the slow pacing of the forums wouldn't quite cut it! :-)

I would like to meet anyone who's willing to speak to me, and if I were living in USA probably I would go to MAGfest to meet new people.

If anyone wants to speak spanish or teach me how to speak english properly I'm willing to meet everyone who wants to speak to me :<

• 5 weeks later...

Something you can do is to become more involved in the community. Remixers really like to find out what people think of their work. If any remixes inspire you to do art (draw or whatever you do), feel free to share that in that track's review thread. I still get a kick out of having made a track that inspired someone to create jewelry.

If you're looking to do promo art for people here, you should put a link to your work, eg your dA gallery or your portfolio, in your signature. That way, people who might be looking for art or artists see it, and if they like your work, they'll remember it when they have a need for your style. For example, the sd3 project can't use any of the official art for the game, nor any game assets (eg sprites). So we had to find artists. Other Square-Enix games getting an album suffers the same problem, so if your style suits a project, the project folks might invite you to the project. You can also just ask project leaders if they think your style would fit their project, though many will say no, and that can upset you.

But make your art more visible. You can make a discrete banner to have in your profile that shows some of what you can do. Just don't make it too big. You can, if you aren't already already, get involved in the art contests on the site. That's a good way to meet other art people in the community.

Basically, just do stuff around here. There's a lot of community stuff going on off the forum too, eg in the irc channels, gaming, social media/networking sites, and irl. See where you like to hang out. There's a thread somewhere with a map of where in the world you can find ocr folks. Maybe there are a few near where you live.

I met most of my ocr friends on the feedback board and the #ocrwip channel, and from talking on IM. That's how it started for me.

• 2 months later...

Oh man, has it been a while or what? I'd like to say hello to all of my fellow OverClocked ReMix forum users. I'm still willing to chat with just about anybody. Always looking for stuff to sketch and create as well. My style of things can be seen below:

(https://plus.google.com/photos/108174208733394712496/albums/6143902468947879825)

Anyways, let's chat it up.

There was a time that I was on the IRC Chat but that was a desert (It was around MAGFest time, so probably that was the reason why it felt like that, many people told me that)

The only ones who were willing to speak from time to time was Hakstok (Nice guy, really) and Sixto, but still It was a desert. You can probably try the IRC (maybe is more active now), I think you're english native speaker so I should be more easy to you to catch some things people say from there. Any news just tell me.

PDD: Nice art! :< I like to draw too, but I'm more into CG (3D and Digital Painting) than drawing on paper. (I studied Arts, and man... I despised to draw while I was studying that)

• 9 months later...