Boss Battle Theme Complete!

OSTVicPub

Really interesting composition, the mixing and mastering is holding it back quite a lot though I think.

The pause between the end to beginning loop is a bit long in my opinion but it's probably good the way it is.

It feels a bit empty even though there's lots of interesting instrumentation going on I think because of how the sound field is presented, if it was less muddy and more high frequency content it'd probably sound more full.

The reverb could be slightly larger perhaps to make it sound more grand.

The low frequency percussion is a bit weak as well and wouldn't hurt to be layered with something else.

I like, it's interesting and has good pacing with enough going on in the song to listen to when it loops.

I think Dissidia hit on the right points here.

I think my first biggest thing would be to add a little more reverb, as well as tweak the filter settings on the brass since they stand out a little too much - in the sense they feel a little pasted on top of the rest of the action rather than a cohesive part of it. The lead instruments sound a little too front and center, and while that doesn't necessarily have to do with panning (though it never hurts) I would try to mess around more with the velocity and volumes of the various lead parts to make things sound a bit more organic.

The "emptiness" can be fixed by adding in a bit more soft backing chords (or driving notes, similar to the bass strings at the beginning) - this can fill out the piece sonically.

This is competently composed; I would recommend again minor tweaks in order to bring out the most of it. Over all, nice work.

I think Dissidia hit on the right points here.

I think my first biggest thing would be to add a little more reverb, as well as tweak the filter settings on the brass since they stand out a little too much - in the sense they feel a little pasted on top of the rest of the action rather than a cohesive part of it. The lead instruments sound a little too front and center, and while that doesn't necessarily have to do with panning (though it never hurts) I would try to mess around more with the velocity and volumes of the various lead parts to make things sound a bit more organic.

The "emptiness" can be fixed by adding in a bit more soft backing chords (or driving notes, similar to the bass strings at the beginning) - this can fill out the piece sonically.

This is competently composed; I would recommend again minor tweaks in order to bring out the most of it. Over all, nice work.

Hey thanks for taking a listen. I actually agree with everything you have to say about my piece. I will admit, this actually wasn't my best piece. There are a lot of things I could have done to improve on it, and a lot of things that just can't be changed. I won't say this piece was a dud, but upon further inspection of it, this piece, to me, isn't worth going back in and doing surgery on. I actual have a piece I'm working on right now that is bounds and leaps above this one. Anyway, thanks for taking a listen guys. I'll take note of everything you said!