SEGA franchises getting film & TV adaptations

Dave the Rave

Well my friends, it looks like Sonic the Hedgehog isn’t the only SEGA franchise that’s getting movie & TV adaptations in the future. Out of curiosity folks, what SEGA franchises would you like SEGA to adapt into film or TV show?

Personally I would like them to team up with DreamWorks to make a NiGHTS adaptation. Especially considering that Steven Spielberg (according to an interview with Yuji Naka, on a NiGHTS fansite) was one of the Beta testers of the first game.

Share your thoughts everyone...

Would love to see animated Shinobi and maybe live-action streets of rage. Do it 80s style like Black Rain or something.

If you'll allow me to play armchair Nostradamus for a second, I foresee video game film adaptations becoming the new Hollywood favorite as comic-book movies seem to be running out of steam. Whether or not these films will be any good is another story though.

Edited by AngelCityOutlaw

I would have rabidly supported any adaptation of any SEGA game... but then they made Sonic Boom.

Would love to see animated Shinobi and maybe live-action streets of rage. Do it 80s style...

Already done.

...As for Streets of Rage? I don't know how that would work out.

That was the best of the bunch and no it didn't really. :)

• 1 year later...
  • 3 weeks later...
8 hours ago, Cole Train said:

Would anyone else want to see a Jet Set Radio movie (live action or animated) or is that somehow just me?
That idea has been hovering around in my head for a long while.

closest thing would be to watch Air Gear and pretend it's JSR... even though honestly, it's not that close.   But yea that seems like an idea that should have happened by now.

If anything Sega seems to be extremely late to almost everything now.  They are JUST starting to consider releasing remasters Shenmue 1 and 2 after how many years of fans screaming for it AND watching other older IP's get remasters ad nauseum.

1 hour ago, Garpocalypse said:

closest thing would be to watch Air Gear and pretend it's JSR... even though honestly, it's not that close.   But yea that seems like an idea that should have happened by now.

If anything Sega seems to be extremely late to almost everything now.  They are JUST starting to consider releasing remasters Shenmue 1 and 2 after how many years of fans screaming for it AND watching other older IP's get remasters ad nauseum.

Took them until Shenmue 3 being a possibility for them to consider that?
Damn bro. And lets not forget the large handful of franchises they have just chillin that they don't use. 
But yeah. Seems like the only thing they aren't late to is releasing broken and rushed Sonic games am I right?

2 hours ago, mikurotoro said:

How about... Sonic & Sega All-Stars,the Yu Suzuki arcade games,or one of the platformers like Alex Kidd? Or I could go really weird & say Columns! lol

A cartoon based on Alex Kidd sounds like such a great idea dude!
But I don't think Sega even cares about that series anymore. Sadly.

• 1 month later...

From the article Dave the Rave posted (http://www.polygon.com/2016/4/29/11540020/sega-shinobi-movie-stories-international-marc-platt):

"We love the Shinobi games and believe that the world of ninjas has never been properly explored onscreen," Platt said in a press release.

...Someone should tell him about the Ninja movies, or better yet, Shinobi: Heart Under Blade.