Using Video Game music during massage

RoiCohen

So for the last 6 months, I'm working as a massage therapist in a well-known spa. As of late, I began adding video game music to the spa's playlist, starting with, of course, Final Fantasy, as I absolutely love the series (here's a real shocker), but mostly the soundtracks (which, when you think of it, drove me into playing the actual games).

I started with the Piano Collections series and the and "Potion: Relaxin' with Final Fantasty" duo (although I prefer the first one, because it doesn't have any vocals, only instruments), which sound like they were actually made to be used in a spa.

...But, these are clearly not enough, and I feel like using more VG music, to feel "at home" while working, while still keeping the calm, relaxing atmosphere during the massage. Basically, I'm looking for calm, ambient, slow, flowing music, using mostly instruments such as the piano, violin, flute, harp, etc... Less jumpy songs, without any surprising parts, and a minimal use of vocals (nothing more than a few spoken words, that is. I want the tune itself to be the dominant part).

....Also, NO orchestras. I adore orchestral music, but it tends to be too epic and grandiose, and I want my patients to... Well, relax. Sorry people.

Thank you very much! :grin:

I'm going to counter your "No orchestra" claim with this

and this

"Orchestra" and super relaxing - to me anyway.

This is relaxing too

But if you want some sexy electronic "Chillout" tune

Look no further than this

These are beautiful (the first two are favorites of mine, and I even use a different version of the "Theme of Love"), but... I need something more... Let's call it background-ish? These are spectacular, but they are too... Felt. I need something that is really beautiful, but works as an ambient song.

You get my perspecitve?

These are beautiful (the first two are favorites of mine, and I even use a different version of the "Theme of Love"), but... I need something more... Let's call it background-ish? These are spectacular, but they are too... Felt. I need something that is really beautiful, but works as an ambient song.

You get my perspecitve?

and

I wish you guys would just give him what he's asking for instead of trying to give orchestral examples. :lol:

For example, "Ancient Stones" would have been OK, but then it gets very loud around 1:15. "The Streets of Whiterun" is also good at the start and the end, but around 1:50 (if not by 1:20), I'd argue the additional part-writing makes the track too full and attention-grabbing (for spa BGM) until 2:30.

Guys, it's difficult, but not THIS difficult. :lol: He's looking for very passive, low-key music; texturally, it shouldn't get too full at any point or have big changes in volume; it's supposed to be for a spa setting.

I will come back to this later today and see if I can find something for you. There are some potentially usable tracks like

, but I don't know if you'd find it too short/repetitive.

EDIT:

(possibly too dark) Edited by Liontamer

The fishing hole music from Twilight Princess might be okay, since it's meant to be ambient and relaxing to go along with fishing. It does have some strings in it that might not be what you're looking for.

Otherwise Metroid games are the kings of ambient music, especially the Prime series:

Phendrana Drifts:

Chozo Temple:

Temple of Elders:

Tallon Overworld:

Torvus Bog Hydrodynamo (which is just a remix of Brinstar Red, so it might be too repetative):

Torvus Bog Main theme:

Skytown (too much choir?):

Surprised no one suggested the Journey soundtrack.

Braid soundtrack:

http://magnatune.com/artists/albums/braid-soundtrack?song=1

Also, Homeworld:

Finally, I'm going to tip my own hat and suggest a few of my tracks! There are vocals in algoRhythm, but they are of the soothing and wordless nature.

algoRhythm: https://soundcloud.com/kekopro/algorhythm

Lingering Whisper: https://soundcloud.com/kekopro/lingering-whisper