Capcom's Mega Problem!

GoldnGamer97

Capcom already made a level builder in Mega Man Powered Up, a PSP remake of the first Mega Man game, many many years ago. They're not going to revive Mega Man Universe, which was not a very good game to begin with.
The fact that I didn't even know that means they did a crap job of marketing the feature. Plus it was based on Mega Man 1, which no one loves. Plus it was on the PSP, which no one owns. Plus the PSP has no native content sharing. It would work better on the 3DS or modern consoles; it would be amazing with Steam Workshop.

Granted, other aspects of MMU may have had problems, and the name wouldn't stick.

Neblix, I agree it has a better story than MMZX, but that's because MMZ ended. its one of the reasons I would not like to see more MMZ because those four games are well contained.

WOAH.

WOA WOA WOA HOLD UP NOW.

WOAH.

I'm not a big fan but someone here has to love it.

That would be me. I think it's an amazing game, glitches included, and I still love playing it here and there. It has great challenge and an excellent soundtrack. Plus, it's shorter than the other games - all killer, no filler.

The fact that I didn't even know that means they did a crap job of marketing the feature. Plus it was based on Mega Man 1, which no one loves. Plus it was on the PSP, which no one owns. Plus the PSP has no native content sharing. It would work better on the 3DS or modern consoles; it would be amazing with Steam Workshop.

Granted, other aspects of MMU may have had problems, and the name wouldn't stick.

I don't like your reasoning here.

You're basically saying "look at all these reasons for why it didn't work. If you removed them, it would work!" Except you're throwing new variables into the equation, like 3DS and modern consoles and Steam Workshop, and saying "with these things it would work!" But would it really, or do you just think it would work because the circumstances are different from past circumstances?

For one, it's a loaded statement to automatically use those circumstances as reasons for why it failed without explaining why.

You say "No one owned PSP". I believe a great many people owned the PSP, far more than the Nintendo 3DS. A personal appreciation of a game system doesn't extrapolate to an entire populace. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_million-selling_game_consoles

Here is contained a list of units sold per console. The PSP has been quite successful a game console over its lifetime, actually managing to pull ahead the Game Boy Advance even though it's 3 years younger. If you want to talk about a game console that no one owned, talk about the Sega Dreamcast. The reason Sega stopped making consoles was because of the poor success of the Dreamcast. The PSP is no where near that level of marketing failure, and as such, it's not a valid reason to say a particular game on it wasn't successful because it was on the PSP.

You say "based on Mega Man 1, which no one loves", and... where is your reasoning for this? To me it seems like you didn't like Mega Man 1 and are again extrapolating out to believe the general public didn't. Even if you were correct, you still have yet to explain why it would detriment the popularity of Mega Man Powered Up, or why Mega Man Powered Up would be any more successful if it were a remake of say, Mega Man 2.

Furthermore, you're ignoring the fact that Capcom doesn't have any *motivation* to try it again under different circumstances. If you believe there is, what is it? What could counteract the money-driven corporate practices at Capcom and make them decide to revive something lackluster that died?

Edited by Neblix

Neblix, I agree it has a better story than MMZX, but that's because MMZ ended. its one of the reasons I would not like to see more MMZ because those four games are well contained.

WOAH.

WOA WOA WOA HOLD UP NOW.

WOAH.

I'm not a big fan but someone here has to love it.

That would be me *puts head down* I just really like all of the old characters and some of the old tunes.

I don't know if you guys have played Destiny, but a Mega Man game like that, where you shoot the ball like Mega Man does, but can get different powers and use them like supers or something, that would be amazing. The "Tower" could be just a screen where you pick which robot master you're gonna fight, and each level could be like the different planets. If nobody has played Destiny you have no idea what I'm talking about but it sounds cool to me. :cry: I try to think of what it would take for me to play a modern Mega Man game, and it's something like that... a nice action FPS or even third person. Basically the original Mega Man, but in 3D, with a high level of polish and great combat systems. Doesn't even have to be rated M could be rated E or T.