Who went to the VGL at the Beacon last night (1/31/15)?

WesternZypher

It was VGL Level 4, I thought it was a great show. Tallarico's EWJ series doesn't get enough love, nobody clapped for Lorenzo's Soil/New Junk City, but I personally love those themes. Such crunchy guitar riffs. I thought the choir work and vocalists (Aversa was great during the Tetris opera) So who else was there? Did anybody go to the meet and greet afterward? The lemon coconut cake at the diner next door is pretty good, btw :P

Present!

I forgot to keep an eye out for a show in my backyard, so big thanks to Jill for getting me out there, along with members of the Aversa clan. The use of Mike's binoculars was appreciated. It got late, so I could only talk to Tommy, Laura and the Aversas a bit before the meet-and-greet.

I had a look around, but didn't see anyone familiar. Tremendous crowd, though. Some cosplayed. Tommy encouraged cheering, but during the second half, the lady directly behind my ears (I'm gonna call her "Whooo-Girl") forced me to apply noise-canceling headphones.

Finally got to see the Sonic medley performed! The crowd gave love for early games that showed up on-screen, but once I knew the video was going to feature titles all the way up to the present, I had fun predicting how dead the crowd would get once '06 and Black Knight showed up.

How come I never heard of Viking Jesus 'til now?

What else to say about the vocalists? You know 'em, you love 'em. Jill is exquisite, Laura is prolific. Many outfits, and of course Flute Link appeared. Seriously, Laura Intravia is the truth; she did it all on stage. Thanks to her, we also got a song from Ico! The show is in good hands with our community's best performing AND arranging.