OCR03074 - Super Smash Bros. for Wii U 'Got My Mind on My Money Match'

Liontamer

• 9 months later...

I just recently played this game for the first time. On a black-and-white TV, actually, but hey! Full retro! If I recall correctly, I sent myself flying off the stage twice in a row as Little Mac. Good times. I agree with the assessment that the Brawl theme sits in the background pretty well, although I never really noticed that before. Cool. The track as a whole is a bit more relaxed and loose than I’d expect for an album compiled for a fighting game tournament, but hey, good fights can use thought and patience as well as them ridiculously fast combos. I approve of the synth choices, and the pads help hold things together. Nice work!

• 2 weeks later...

I too was expecting something a little more intense for a Smash Bros remix on a fighting remix album. It’s a decent surprise, and still worth a listen. Seems more like lobby room music than fighting music, but I’m cool with that. Nothing wrong with a more relaxing arrangement of a Smash Bros remix.

• 3 weeks later...

Nice crunchy saw to open, with an interesting beat accompanying it making this a stand-out track already. I like the semi-laidback energy of this track; it keeps the mood quite chill while making sure the groove never fades out. The lead has an excellent tone; not too bright but clear enough to make it stand out. Overall a surprisingly relaxing mix.