RWS 3-1: Arise From Your Grave!

MindWanderer

I'm wondering if there's anything I can do to further lower the barrier to completion.
I admit it's a little daunting. Wanted to enter, due to the theme resonating with my current predicament, but I'd have had to sign as a novice since I haven't produced music in over a year. From what I read, there are generally more novices than stars. Then, I would have needed to find someone with the same DAW, in the same timezone, with the same availabilities and willing/kind enough to lend me their help/ears. Not to mention the usual time constraint associated with compos. That's a pretty high barrier of entry, imho.

But then again, maybe it's just a matter of timing/scheduling, to give everyone the chance to get together and collab. So don't get discouraged MindWanderer. :)

to be fair, I was kind of also expecting a post announcing the star-and-novice pairups as well.
True. It's hard to get a grasp of what's going on without a clear overlay of who's involved and/or paired with.
I'll have to participate next round :3
^ This. Hopefully the sign-ups will be more plentiful, and the timing more favorable. ;)

I'd have had to sign as a novice since I haven't produced music in over a year. Then, I would have needed to find someone with the same DAW, in the same timezone, with the same availabilities and willing/kind enough to lend me their help/ears.
You're too modest. You're a damn good remixer, and you won't have forgotten all you know in a year. Using the same DAW and being able to chat live are plusses, but emailing WIPs back and forth and commenting on arrangement, EQ, compression, instrumentation, etc. etc. can be massively helpful. If I had time in my life right now to remix, I'd definitely want to take advantage of that.
True. It's hard to get a grasp of what's going on without a clear overlay of who's involved and/or paired with.
Ah, I apologize for that. I took that step out, because in the past seasons, everyone had to sign up, then wait for signups to close to get their pairings. I wanted an easier, faster, lower-commitment system this time around (not to mention a lesser commitment on my own time), so my intent was for novices to just snatch up volunteer stars and go for it. I'll clarify that in the rules.

I was afraid of that

well, to be fair, at this point the joke is so old it's not really worth bringing up. I suppose that's my fault anyway. *shrug*

oh wow. just reading the first post was cringe worthy. I mean sure I might have an issue with the judges with one thing, but its not there fault either so I'm not gonna be an asshole about it. lol

thx for showing me this.

oh wow. just reading the first post was cringe worthy. I mean sure I might have an issue with the judges with one thing, but its not there fault either so I'm not gonna be an asshole about it. lol

thx for showing me this.

Yeah been there before in the OP's shoes, it's not pretty lol - challenging the status quo is career suicide in this here site...kind of like all forums. But on the other hand...I understand both perspectives, especially since I manage a competition that has its own rules and standards that, like OCR's, are somewhat intangible and difficult to quantify.