*NO* Advance Wars DS 'Urban Blight'

djpretzel

First off - great site! Who needs to buy cd's when we've got the internet and each other? :D I'm not entirely sure if this qualifies as a remix or if that implies something very different from a cover version, but I'd like to submit something if you'd like to have it.

Check it:

I was thinking the Advance Wars DS - Kindle's theme guitar v. one.. As for a title, let's call it... "Urban Blight" then.

Since this would be my first submission, here's my personal info:

nick: Phoenix

email: christopher_aaby@hotmail.com

web: www.paradoxbacklash.com (which is actually my band's site.. is that ok?)

Ta' på udsalg året rundt på MSN Shopping: http://shopping.msn.dk her finder du altid de bedste priser

http://www.zophar.net/gsf/awars.rar - ?

Checked the GBA version, since I've got nothing to get a source from for the DS version. Looks like nothing matches up (though I didn't look very closely anyway).

Soundfield sounds really loud and swamped. The melody at :17 barely sounds out versus all of the other stuff; the sound balance here is awful. Rinse and repeat the stuff from :02 at 1:06 until the end/2:16.

Two loops? Next. 2:16-long does not cut it. Merely looping the first section because you're lazy doesn't cut it. Please listen to the recently posted stuff here and get a better a idea about how the arrangements typically develop and evolve over time so you can apply those concepts to your own material in the future.

NO

• 3 weeks later...

Yeah, that lead doesn't work well against the crowded soundscape. Needs something with more definition.

Also, the arrangement is way too BGM-like. You just looped the same thing twice. You need actual song structure. A beginning, a middle, an end.

NO

edit: Just for the record guys, this is an arrangement of a song from the DS version of Advance Wars, which is an entirely separate game from the two GBA titles.

Darke + Larry covered it. This sounds to me like it's the original with different instruments. I'm sure it sounds better than the GBA's basic soundset, but that is not what OCR is about. OCReMixes should stand alone as individual songs. You need an arrangement that not only is a unique interpretation of the source tune, but one that works on its own. Production-wise, it's probably a little too bass-heavy as things are pretty muddy and centered. The ReMixing forum would be the place to go for that.

NO