Electro House/Complextro Track

Deedubs

https://soundcloud.com/mikededub/electro-housecomplextro-wip

For about the last year and a half I've been getting more into sound design and composing/producing EDM tracks. As a classically trained musician, it has been a daunting task (mixing, mastering, and seriously, that's a lot of sub-genres: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_electronic_music_genres), but after watching tutorials by Zircon and SeamlessR, among others, I've done a couple of tracks already. But for this track in particular, I'm really trying to go outside my comfort zone. Let me know what you think and what I need to improve on. Thanks!

Not bad actually. It didn't really feel complextro until near the end of the WIP, but it's getting there. The biggest issue I'm noticing is the resonance in the midrange at 0:00 - 1:20. Also, the snare sample could use a bit more brightness above 16000 Hz. Maybe a different sample could be fuller. The arrangement is bit strange too. It just seems all over the place. You don't have your genres mixed up, but you did mix your genres up (and over and sideways). ;)

Also, hola, Harmonious PWM for Zebra2 :)

Not bad actually. It didn't really feel complextro until near the end of the WIP, but it's getting there. The biggest issue I'm noticing is the resonance in the midrange at 0:00 - 1:20. Also, the snare sample could use a bit more brightness above 16000 Hz. Maybe a different sample could be fuller. The arrangement is bit strange too. It just seems all over the place. You don't have your genres mixed up, but you did mix your genres up (and over and sideways). ;)

Awesome. Thanks for the input! I have yet to train my ears enough to isolate specific frequency bands in regards to mixing, so I'm glad you pointed the midrange stuff and the snare out to me. I ducked some of the midrange and it already sounds less muddy. I can see how the arranging would be confusing at this point. I'll do what I can to make things gel a little better.

Also, hola, Harmonious PWM for Zebra2 :)

Haha, guilty:oops: I like that sound a lot.