Random thought: OCR marathon stream?

MindWanderer

AGDQ and Jason Covenant's recent fantastic one-hour compo entries brought an idea to mind.

What if a bunch of the best and fastest remixers in the community got together to do a speed remix marathon and streamed it for charity, similar to AGDQ? Give each person an hour, two hours, probably no more than 3 hours, up to them, and let the donors vote with their dollars on the game, source, or style. And maybe to bring it a little closer to home, split the donations 30/70 between OCR and a popular charity (cancer or whatever). I don't know if it's legal or kosher to set aside a small amount to reimburse travel expenses.

I have no experience with these sorts of things, but I thought I'd throw it out there. I imagine the proceeds would depend more on getting the word out than anything else, but if were even 1% as successful as AGDQ that'd be $15k.

An event like this would be really fun! Are you thinking of having people go to one specific location for this? A lot of us could probably stream from our homes, and travel would be expensive. Especially if there was no per diem for the mixers, I probably wouldn't be able to do it. Can't really afford any more trips where I don't at least break even :'(

Appropriately, I just ran across this today:

http://thenextweb.com/opinion/2015/02/10/watching-people-code-next-big-thing-live-streaming-video/

If watching people code is becoming popular, watching people remix might be more popular than I thought.

An event like this would be really fun! Are you thinking of having people go to one specific location for this? A lot of us could probably stream from our homes, and travel would be expensive. Especially if there was no per diem for the mixers, I probably wouldn't be able to do it. Can't really afford any more trips where I don't at least break even :'(
I personally thought that, watching AGDQ, watching all the runners and staff hanging out and interacting was part of the fun. Maybe this could be held right before or after PAX or MAGfest when a bunch of remixers are already in the same place.