OCR03083 - Final Fantasy VI 'Day of Ruin'

Liontamer

Well, this thing starts off reminding you where it's coming from, then starts building on pieces, adding new textures, and in little time things start coming at you from odd angles and . Breaks (like around 2:55) that end up not being breaks at all before taking a sharp left turn (like 3:30) are the pounding, half-cyborg heart of this really odd mix.

I'll echo Chimpazilla's thoughts in that the speed up parts (like 4:10-4:25) actually detracted from the mix; the sections before and after them often either A) rocked, B) captured my ear with unique and interesting takes, or C) smoothed things out only to get even zanier from there on that I feel the speed-up sections could easily be cut with only increased enjoyment on my part... but that's just one Tower's opinion!

Indeed, the strength of this mix is its uniqueness. Props for the ideas and newness of this effort!

Uh-huh. Well, that was different. But I liked it. The gritty staccato beats with the main melody playing over it sounded well done for the genre it was in and things seemed to evolve as the mix went on in terms of the background moodscape. Not a huge fan of the speed-up either and it could have been trimmed a bit, but honestly there was nothing in this ReMix that made me lose interest or not like it. Unique, different and coherent even when getting a bit crazier. Good debut I would say. Nice work.

• 3 weeks later...

Remember that video of a horse-masked man cooking mushrooms while Dancing Mad plays?

Yeah.

This is interesting side to side with Magicite Made My Mind Melt. I would've liked even more variation in the effects and harmonics, though it's great how this never loses its momentum, but remains in constant flow.

• 9 months later...

Interesting remix. The ear candy is real here -- I like how you remixed the iconic "Kefka's Theme" with all those crazy effects and synths. The different sections with different sounds make the remix interesting and less repetitive/boring. Some glitchier moments didn't make it for me (like 4:10) but the remix was enjoyable overall. :)