Well, this place looks different...

Cerulean

...um, hi. This is the first time I've logged in here in about ten years. Things look completely different from how I remember it. So I need your help finding the right subforum.

Over the years, I have picked up some remixes that I had lost all attribution to. I'm trying to dig up some clues about these "milk carton" MP3s. What would be the right place to post those kinds of questions?

OCR is on the fast track to a post-apocalyptic dark world where instead of white and gray, the website colors are black and black. V6? More like Version 666!

This will occur when the big man djp gets usurped and becomes the second-most posted remixer on the site.

...or not.

As for where to ask, this seems like a fine enough place. I have no idea what you mean by milk carton MP3s but maybe someone else here at the community knows.

Welcome back and a dark future to ye. :-)

Anyway, let's get back to the subject at hand. I'm assuming by "milk carton" you had downloaded remixes from here in the past but no longer have them.

If this is the case, this means that whatever you originally picked up would've been released in 2005 or earlier.

We as a community can help you find what you've missed. If there's any attributes to the track(s) that you can remember, I'm sure we can work off that and help you on the right track.

Welcome back btw :)

Brandon, I have a few of your remixes handy. "Gone" is my top pick..... good stuff!

Thanks man! :nicework: that one's pretty heavy... glad you like it.

that Strader; he's got jokes, man :)

....Enjoy navigating this now fully tentacled, sentient monstrosity that is now OCREMIX. be DEVOURED by all its PLEASURES and WONDERS and STUFF like SONGS... but AWESOMER

You say jokes, I say tentacled prophecy.

Edited by Brandon Strader

Wow, I just FINALLY realized what he meant by milk carton MP3s haha... he meant missing, right? Like when apparently when someone went missing they used to put their picture on a milk carton. I don't think I'm quite old enough to remember that actually being employed but it's an interesting reference.

Anything you were interested in here? http://www.doulifee.com/Storage/OC_Removed/

Okay, let's start with this one. Good example of what I'm curious about. I have the MP3, and I've lost all idea of where it came from (but certainly not OCR). Google was no help on this one... just a link to a French playlist.

Artist: Skyhigh?

Title: Tropical Emerald (edit)

Game: Sonic 3?

The track says it's from 2003, and I've had it since at least 2005.

So, did Skyhigh make this track, and what's the original tune?

By the way, Rexy. I would like you to know that Tomorrow's Wake was played at my wedding reception... in 2006.

By the way, Rexy. I would like you to know that Tomorrow's Wake was played at my wedding reception... in 2006.

Awww, thanks :3 I've had one or two wedding stories from that one. I hope you and your spouse are doing well!

Anyway, going towards the SkyHigh track - while only similar in name, "Emerald Fiesta" - an arrange of Sonic 3's Special Stage music - was a judges' rejection back in February 2005. Assuming it's one and the same, it had a home at VGMix v2 while it was online.

If you're still puzzled about the source in the MP3 you have, you can listen to it

and see if the mix's motifs match up. I hope this helps you! :)

Awww, thanks :3 I've had one or two wedding stories from that one. I hope you and your spouse are doing well!

Anyway, going towards the SkyHigh track - while only similar in name, "Emerald Fiesta" - an arrange of Sonic 3's Special Stage music - was a judges' rejection back in February 2005. Assuming it's one and the same, it had a home at VGMix v2 while it was online.

If you're still puzzled about the source in the MP3 you have, you can listen to it

and see if the mix's motifs match up. I hope this helps you! :)

Yes, definitely Sonic 3 Special Stage. For some reason I was stuck thinking it was Sonic 2, hence my impasse. It's a solid track, and one hell of a judge's rejection then.