OCR03085 - Kirby Super Star 'Kirb Your Enthusiasm'

Liontamer

The blend of chipzy stuff and the guitar is a good fit here, the guitar with the velvety sustains and the chips sparkling away. Nice interplay in the arrangement. I can see that a little more oomph and variety in the percussive department could've benefited the piece. I didn't mind, but it could've made the piece a bit more grabbing. Have to say though, the bit less bassy soundscape was quite refreshing to the ears. Very enjoyable!

Just recently listened to Milky Way Wishes for the first time. It's amazing how hard it is to find arrangements of Mallow Castle, Corn Hall, and the like despite how popular this game is, and I just love the way the original track is represented here. The chip background fits the groove of this track very well, and the guitar lead just has an overall good feeling to it. Love it!

I think this is my favorite Halc and Brandon collab so far. The chips of halc and Strader's guitar just work so well together in this ReMix, and considering how the source sounded compared to the rest of Kirby's soundtrack, I don't think I've have it any other way than the way these two presented it.

• 9 months later...
  • 8 years later...