Transistor - In Circles Remix

Pl511

stats.png

Maaaaaaaan, has this been fun to work on. 5/4 and 6/4 time signatures were a little tricky, but getting those drums was incredibly satisfying. I also had a lot of fun with the ambient beginning and the radio/lo-fi sound of a reworking of the basic drumline from the original. Gonna finish this up as soon as possible!

Edited by Pl511

And finished! Apart from some minor changes or additions, this seems to be getting really close to being finished. For the first track using regular drums, it feels like I threw myself into the deep end with drums programming, but I feel like it paid off with the end result. Just for a little comparison of how much I've learned while making this, the drum line in the intro is actually the first attempt I had at trying to make drums for this, and I decided to keep it in for a little contrast. Any criticisms or suggestions before I upload this would be fantastic!

stats.png

Version 1.0

Also just for fun, here's a version with just the strings and a little woodwind.

stats.png

This is easily one of my favorite songs in an all-around excellent soundtrack. I think you definitely did it justice! Maybe the arrangement itself is a tiny bit conservative but I adore the way you've given it a different mood with the different instrumentation, particularly the woodwind replacing the vocals. It's just a really pleasant song, relaxing and softer. That's the word I keep coming back to, pleasing.

I'd almost dare say I like your 'waltz' version more... this stripped down version, idk, distances itself even more from the original? In a good way. Maybe some version that starts off like the waltz version you currently have, later adding the more 'full' bass-y parts of the 'complete' version might be something worth trying out? :tomatoface:

Okay while typing this I've listened to both versions like three times each and I'm not sick of it! I sincerely wish you luck and, I can't wait to see this on the front page :3

Edited by Tables