OCR01492 - Final Fantasy VII "The Twelfth Commandment"

I agree with artemisjaeger. I may get flamed for it, but i cant seem to bring myself to care about the opinion of idiots.

This song has little artistic value other than competent guitar playing. So why did it get approved? It uses guitar! OMG! Lets face it..there are certain "forumlas" on this site that will always get an approval from DJJudges. it's getting old.

-jorg

As others have said...completely baseless.

I even agree with artemisjaeger. I really liked the chord progressions in the beginning, and my expectations for the rest were crushed. Plus that I didn't like the violins. I think...I just don't like violins...at all. I like many other string instruments. They're really loud and dry to boot. I need to find a song where I actually like violins. Perhaps even 50000 songs I would like that have them, but I can't recall their sound being good. I just don't know!™

With the other judgement day mix on this site, it's sort of the same. Somehow in the past it was one of my favorite songs, but recently I couldn't stand it, and got rid of it. I guess the source tune just got repetitive.

• 2 months later...

You mean with all the songs that have been remixed dozens of times - this one gets remixed twice and you get sick of it? And if you dislike violins - which must exclude you from a LOT of songs not only on this site but in the world of music - that's hardly a strike against the song.

I don't see how the song has little artistic value, the arrangment is expertly done. From the melody interplay between the guitar and orchestra, as well as the change. This remains one of, if not my flat-out favorite song on the site.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...

Apocalypse Now is my favourite Muse song, so I was destined to love this mix. I don't think it is overly Muse-ish, however. The beginning and end are unapologetically Muse-ish, but the real meat of the mix is a definite straying from the path.

While I liked the strings overall, I did note they sounded different. But then, I'm a string freak and always notice them above all other sections of a song/piece.

The impression of the mix is just awesome. It's muscled, powerful stuff that isn't afraid to be quirky. Great characteristics for a mix that might have otherwise suffered from homage-itis or pretentiousness.

I'm kind of a noob when it comes to FF7 music, but I'm quickly learning why its so heralded. Certainly some of the strongest additions to OCR have come from FF7 source material, this one included. Nice job.

• 5 months later...

This remix sounds a lot like what you would hear during an opening montage to a James Bond movie. I can see Cloud, Sephiroth and the Turks running around in well pressed suits and silhouettes of the Aeris, Tifa and the other ladies in the background, as Bond films are notorious for. Very well done.

• 10 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • Liontamer changed the title to OCR01492 - Final Fantasy VII "The Twelfth Commandment"