OCR03090 - Sonic the Hedgehog 'Ocean View'

Liontamer

Just 10 seconds in, I was in love. I actually sighed out loud to myself, "Oh **** yes."

I've been in love with Labyrinth Zone for a while now largely thanks to Benjamin Briggs' and halc's ReMixes. For me, those both always brought out the chill, "letting go" qualities of the melody in their own ways.

Ever since then, this is exactly the kind of Labyrinth Zone ReMix I've been waiting for. The kind of chill where Sonic's on the beach, not drowning for once.

Fantastic work and a huge thank you. This went straight on to my OC ReMix "beach mix" playlist that I've been adding to over the years. Can't wait to watch some pink sunsets to this music. Love for Duane, Chris, and you friend Ryan. Peace.

Man, if this came out of my television speakers instead of the original Labyrinth Zone theme, I may not have wanted to throw the tv out of the window while trying to make it through that zone the first time I played Sonic. It's calming and gorgeous and I could really picture a skyline meeting a vast ocean on the beach while this plays. I think I can agree when everyone said that this was a take on Labyrinth Zone we all needed to hear. This is aces, guys.

A beautiful mix. I love Sonic The Hedgehog, but the Labyrinth Zone is one of my least-favorite themes, so to take that and turn it into... into.... this is an even more impressive accomplishment. I turned my head and was surprised not to find a drink in my hand! Man, you can feel the tension drain out of you if you kick back and close your eyes during this mix... how many songs can say that??

A quality entry here. You have done honor to the passed with the dedication.

Real slick stuff, Duane. At first I was a little bit off-put by some of the unrealistic-sounding instruments and a few production things, but I was quickly swept away by the overall vibe of the track and found that the mood alone really carried this piece, and I stopped noticing any of the things I initially nitpicked in my head. Now, I can just listen and float away into sonic bliss... :-)

• 9 months later...