Incorrect Tags

Black_Doom

• 10 months later...

When opening the song #3176 (http://ocremix.org/remix/OCR03176) in foobar2000 (MS Windows) the "Track No"-column of the playlist shows the value "1.3176" instead of just "3176".
 Even more strangely when opening the song-property-window in foobar, the track number is shown correctly. Two other programs show it correct too (XMplay and Mp3Tag).

I know very little about id3tags especially from a developers point of view, but there seems to be something that confuses foobar. The question of interest here is: Is it just a flaw of foobar or is there something wrong with the id3tag, too (something like a special character that shouldn't be use in a tag-field-value).

Maybe someone is interested in this issue. Maybe not. ;) If you find something, then please let me know, so i can decide if it's worth bugreporting to the foobar2000-developers.

It's the only issue in foobar I had so far among all 3000+ ocremixes  (and other mp3s).

I'm not sure what caused the issue, but we'll fix it the next time we do a post-3,000 torrent set. For whatever reason, the field "%disc" was populated with a 1 somehow, but the actual field we use is normally "%discnumber." If you load the file in MP3tag, just view the extended tags window and delete the Disc field.

• DarkeSword changed the title to Ocremix albums with weird tracklists on iOS devices
  • 1 year later...
  • 11 months later...

That seems like a tagging issue with the files. The "song title" field is being ignored and some sort of "source material" field is being read by the app instead.

I've seen this with MP3 files that had their tags set wrong. I think newer apps read the embedded info differently than older ones, like Winamp.

You might have to either redo the tags, or live with any OCR albums doing this, or see if there is a setting in the app that determines what it looks up and displays as titles and such.

On 7/13/2020 at 6:18 PM, Centuros said:

As you can see, it has the series name for every track (except a few, not shown), but still shows the names just fine on the "now playing" bar. 

I can't say I've ever seen album tracks do that on my iPhone. @Centuros @Silverpool64 Did you change anything at all about how the sorting/display works? I can't replicate this on my iPhone, but wanna look into this further.

• 2 weeks later...

@Liontamer I don't think so. I just downloaded the "Dungeonmans Remanstered" torrent and had the same issue. I think it only happens when songs that are "next" to each other have the same "Work" tags, as in this album's case. When an album (like Speeding Towards Adventures) has multiple games in the sources, iTunes doesn't do anything because the "Work" tags are different.

My solution is to take the info in the "Work" tag and put it in the "Grouping" tag. I have no idea what these different tags do, but it works for me.

These are the albums I mentioned for reference.

https://ocremix.org/info/Dungeonmans_Remanstered

https://sonic25.ocremix.org/

• 5 weeks later...

OK, I've figured out the issue, solution is here. https://discussions.apple.com/thread/7846590

Apple changed the function of the Grouping tags (all the way back in 2017), so now they don't behave the way they used to and cause the confusing display issue. Going forward, I'll keep the Grouping field blank.

• 2 years later...