Electronic Synth Cover of The Road to Cerulean City (Pokemon R/B)

motivemakesaman

That is interesting. To me, I was adding a lot of energy to one of the more chill road songs. To each their own, I suppose. I am really happy with the EQ on this track, so not sure what you mean by that. I wasn't planning on submitting this one, but I may. It is quickly becoming a personal favorite of mine, and I have not submitted something in a long while.

I do see why it can be construed as chill. 0:49 - 1:21 had no lead, so it felt like the focus was the feel of the chords and bass, which aren't very active in that part. Similarly, 1:45 - 3:03 had no lead and the focus was on the chords, bass, and percussive elements. Although, I would call this more of a glitchmania that capitalizes on atmosphere, than a chill take.

The parts seem to work fairly well, but the midrange is cluttered in the busier portions (2:26 - 2:41, 3:35 - 3:51), and there really isn't an actual ending. Just an "okay, I'm done playing" type of deal.