Your "feels" VGM

kitty

Dug this up from a somewhat similar thread that was made a while back...

For me, one of the standout soundtracks back in the day was the one for Master of Monsters. While I'm sure some would still call it "background music" for various reasons, virtually the entire soundtrack has an orchestrated structure to it that makes it feel like more than some catchy diddy done to keep the game from being quiet. Whether it's the haunting and solemn "

," the opening march of "
" that was getting you ready for battle, or the sinister and impending
," the whole soundtrack felt like something made more for cinematic punctuation, rather than to be hummed as you played. All of the songs also run the gamut of moods, from upbeat and almost playful, to sad, to dark and brooding, to inspiring.

Hayato Matsuo did one hell of a job with his debut soundtrack.

Edited by The Coop

Lots of Ace Attorney tracks, but specifically

nearly brought me to tears when it first played in Trails and Tribulations during the ending. I don't want to spoil anything, but in context this song fits perfectly. Reminds me of all the feelings I had when I first played the game every time I heard it. People have made lots of remixes on Youtube that I really enjoy.
for example. Also there is a pretty decent
out there.

Also another one I just remembered was

from Ace Attorney vs Professor Layton. This is probably not what you are looking for because the feelings associated with this song are strongly tied to a character. This is probably the only time I have ever actually cried while playing a game.

These are both very hard for me to describe without spoiling games, but I will always remember them.

Edited by AJ34