Reaktor Users Unite!

I recently purchased Reaktor 5 and am absolutely astounded by all of the features and the quality of everything in it. I hadn't really heard much about it until recently and have found that a lot of people swear by it.

I have by no means even experimented with all of the different factory synths/FX in it let alone the steps deeper into the audio laboratory... It just seems so amazing how all of these synths and everything can be made yourself and with such high quality. There is a friggin steep learning curve as i can already tell, and it does seem pretty heavy on the CPU cycles but the sonic possibilities alone seem more than worth it.

I was just wondering if anyone here was well versed in any of the Reaktor products and wanted to share any of their own thoughts/insight about what i can see as the end-all to software synthesis. [/plug] (seriously though, this is like an audiophile's wet dream)

Tip 1: There's Reaktor "Sessions" - a set of highly popular quality musical instruments where playing is more important than engineering. This was sold separately (as a non-editable product) but the ensembles are included in their Reaktor-shape.

Tip 2: Native Instruments has a user community with a crapload of stuff to get for free.

Tip 3: Read Sound On Sound's Synth Secrets here:

http://www.soundonsound.com/sos/allsynthsecrets.htm . Protip: once you build things yourself, try to make a simple 2-oscillator synth with a multimode filter and envelopes for amplifier and filter. That basically gives you the template for many famous synths (Prophet, Jupiter, etc) and serves as a good starting point for learning synthesis.

I've had reaktor for a while now. I do not dare do anything extremly complicated with it yet, but I have used the ensembles, more specifically the synthesizer (2xOsc = <3) and effects (analogue filter box = <3)

Slowly though, I'm learning a bit more and more. Trial and error type of thing. I should check out the community though and see what other people have been doing.

weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Yeah, ive been looking into a lot of the Reaktor type stuff and am looking into downloading a few of the user-created ensembles; they look pretty pro.

Sounds good Scott, i was really looking at getting komplete as well, just didnt have the money for that and a new car... :x Im really just getting started and havent created much of anything with the core tech yet (well, i havent been able to make any sound i just got it a few days ago :) ) I just got it a couple days ago.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...

I've had Komplete 4 (upgraded to 5) for almost 2 years now and I still haven't designed my own modules, since what's supplied and what's available is already awesome enough for my needs. Spacemaster, Solina-V, all excellent. Solina saves me from lugging up the original, and sounds just as good.

I was introduced to Reaktor in one of my music technology courses in college. I think Reaktor 3 was the newest at the time.

We had been assigned to make a patch. I made a simple subtractive synthesizer with a UI, it was missing a filter envelope but it had some neat crossfaders for the oscillators and filter types as well a basic delay circuit.

When I demonstrated my modest creation to the class they were in disbelief: It turns out I was the only one who completed the assignment; everyone else had given up.

If you ever talk to me for more than a few minutes you realize I'm a bit thick, so it wasn't that I looked really smart as much as I had made everyone else feel really stupid. Good times.