Please help me find some games based on their soundtracks.

eetei

Hey!

I'm currently doing a class in game sound design, and one of the extra assignments we got was finding the names of various games based on small samples from their soundtracks. This time around it ended up being PS1 games only.

So far I've managed to find 6 out of 10 tracks just by googling around and matching these themes, however, it now feels like I've hit a brick-wall.

I'm turning to you guys because I know that you are talented people with alot of experience in game soundtracks.

I'd really appreciate if any of you could take a listen and see if you recognize any of the tracks.

Playlist of the remaining soundtrack samples: https://soundcloud.com/user778018649/sets/ps1

Thanks in advance!

Whoa boy...

2) sounds like something from Timesplitters , but Ts isn't a ps1 game..... sounds like a Facility themed ( like from Goldeneye) area hmmm...not much help, for No.3 here's a composer that may set you in the right direction Tim Wright? Maybe the Wipeout series?

Good luck!

Thanks for the tips YoshiBlade.

I will check up Tim Wrights soundtracks!

Update: I didnt find anything though.

Edited by eetei

#4 is from colony wars

EDIT: It's

Also, #3 reminds me of Alexander Brandon's work on something like Unreal Tournament (though that specifically is PC).

Ohh well spotted!

Wasnt there a unreal game to Ps1 also?

Only two games left now! We can do this!

Anything with the remaining two soundtracks that makes you think about something?

I get the feeling that #3 is from an action or racing game and that #2 is from a stealth game or like exploring a cave or something.

I think that #3 sound alot like Syphon Filter 2 but it's not quite right.

I really should not have looked at this thread so late at night. :)

I know number 2 but I can't remember where i heard it last. I almost want to say it was from Project Overkill but i'm not 100% on that.

EDIT:

It's LOADED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sorta similar to Project Overkill with the notable exception that Project Overkill has no music. :)

Now i can sleep.

Edited by Garpocalypse

Jeez, this is like "Name That Song" Expert Edition...

How is that really part of an assignment? In game sound design... classic sound design? Shouldn't they be focusing on modern sound design like orchestral soundtracks and stuff? :tomatoface: Ah well.. I got no clue but props to Gar for figuring out that 1, I thought it sounded like Perfect Dark a little bit.

OMG Garpocalypse you are a god!

Really nice spotted there! :D Thank you so much :)

Brandon: I think they wanted us to go through some great "old school" soundtracks and figure out what kind of music that goes well with different genres of games.

Forgive me my english, dont know how to explain it better :P

Only one to go now! Im looking on youtube videos like crazy, really want to get this one!