MIDI Rompler Mixing?

Hi there. I'm pretty new at this, but I was able to borrow a rompler from one of my friends in town here to practice the old-school method of MIDI composition (sequencing the MIDI file and having the rompler provide the rest). And while I've been getting good results out of getting the machine to play the sounds, now I have to figure out how to get the sounds back into the computer.

This I know I can do in Fl Studio, but what I'm primarily interested in knowing is if there is a way I can have all 16 channels of individual instruments recorded in that I can then mix in Fl Studio as I'm used to, or if it can only be recorded into one channel, the whole song, and it has to be mixed in the rompler/arranger first.

To simplify: When I record the song back into my computer, does it only come in as the whole song in one channel .WAV, or can I split it up into 16 .WAV channels so I can further mix it to my satisfaction?

I know pros back in the 90s had to be able to mix their stuff outside their Sound Canvases and JV units and such, I'm just wondering how to do that.

Thank you!

Yeah, I can't think of any other way to do it with a single audio-out from the rompler. To get a single-pass multitrack recording, I think you'd pretty much need either 16 separate outputs or a USB connection with support for multitrack audio busing.

If the samples are mono and the output is stereo, though, you could hard pan the tracks and do two at a time.

Edited by Moseph

You can't really "figure out" how to defy physics and engineering. :P

Bollocks, solutions for things come every day! If we kept that attitude during the course of our scientific study in our evolution, we'd still be living in a British feudal system.

But I digress, if that's how it has to be, than that's how it has to be. That's why I was asking. :D