What would be the best VST for film music percussion?

Stormdrum 2 is quite good, and you can find a lot of template MIDI files that can get you a fairly decent start to making some. Only thing to watch out for is that you might get a copy of Stormdrum that has some of the drum settings that are ONLY hard panned to one side and won't go to the other at all. This has happened on my copy and I've never been able to fix it.

I'd definitely recommend Stormdrum 2 as well, I've only had good experiences with it so far. Some of the patches will be really useful in basically every situation, with a lot of sound design, ambient, and subtle percussion as well as some incredibly heavy hitting samples (Roman War Ensemble, Godzilla Hits and The Beast being the stand outs). Things like the hang drum and some of the more bongo-sounding drums make for some really interesting additions to an overall composition too, and the experience working with each of the different instruments is pretty much invaluable having not touched percussion before I picked it up.