Sigma Fortress Remix Gauntlet - Interest

DarkeSword

It's been a while since I ran a compo and I'm feeling the itch again. I know that people in the past have asked for a Sigma Fortress Remix Gauntlet—essentially a MMX focused version of the Wily Castle Remix Gauntlet. I've been toying with the idea of a Battle Network themed compo but I feel like I should do the SFRG before I put it off any longer. It's something I've wanted to do and it's been a long time coming. I still need to work the kinks out of my Battle Network concept anyway.

I'll also say upfront that this will be very straightforward as far as sources go. No crazy surprises with Disney stuff and Gameboy stuff like the last WCRG. Like the previous WCRGs, it's going to be a around 10-weeks long, and if you enter you'll be making 3-4 remixes.

I don't know when I'm going to run this; I'm thinking sometime during the Spring or Summer. I want to gauge interest and see when most people will be available to do it.

Who's up for it?

I won't likely be able to commit to this, but I'll be listening and voting.

It does seem like there's been a fairly steady decline in interest in these types of compo. The first GRMRB was amazing and had lots of high-profile remixers in the running, but it seems like each one has fewer, and more drop out.

I wouldn't hop on this one, but I think you should do it, because it sounds like something you've wanted to do for a while. I'd like to see you run a compo that doesn't cover music from the Mega Man franchise, or Final Fantasy.. or Sonic.. something that is less covered than those would be pretty sweet. Maybe not Zelda either. :-) Though a Zelda compo would be pretty cool.

I wouldn't hop on this one, but I think you should do it, because it sounds like something you've wanted to do for a while. I'd like to see you run a compo that doesn't cover music from the Mega Man franchise, or Final Fantasy.. or Sonic.. something that is less covered than those would be pretty sweet. Maybe not Zelda either. :-) Though a Zelda compo would be pretty cool.

My thoughts exactly. Let's try something new. (Smash Bros.?)

I know this was directed at Shariq and I don't want to deviate the discussion away from the Sigma Fortress Compo, but I have been thinking about pitching the idea of a Video Game All-Stars Compo to Shariq sometime after I've run another rRPC. Not calling dibs or anything, just an idea I'd been entertaining since around last summer. It'd be something like a Smash Bros. compo that's not restricted to characters/games that have been featured in the Smash games to date. So you could have your Mario, Donkey Kong, Zelda, Sonic, Kirby, Metroid, Star Fox, etc. characters up for grabs, but also characters from games like Spyro the Dragon, Crash Bandicoot, Earthworm Jim, Ace Attorney, Ristar, NiGHTS into Dreams, and many more.

So yeah, after I get a little more compo running experience, I might try running something like that. But that's a conversation for another time and another thread. In the meantime, I'm looking forward to Sigma Fortress.

Sacrilege! You can never have too much Mega Man.

I like the idea of a multiseries Main Characters of Franchises compo as well, although what constitutes the main theme of many characters could be debatable.

I've wanted to do a Castlevania compo for a while myself. Darkesword tournament mashup style, where each participant chooses a level or area from one of the games. Maybe with a few oddball rounds thrown in (like FFCC's Gilgamesh and Kuja cameos) to deal with odd numbers of participants. I was too busy to do it for a while, then there was AAC, and I figured Darkesword would be starting up another Mega Man one pretty soon, and I was just getting RWS restarted, so I didn't say anything.

But I'd still like to do it. If Darkesword chooses a late Summer date for SFRG I might start it soon, otherwise I'll wait until after.

Also I'd love a Robot Masters vs. Final Fantasy Bosses gauntlet, but Darkesword and Brandon have dibs on those franchises and I may be the only one who'd like that enough to run it.

I'd definitely be interested in participating! :grin:

I still feel pretty bad about my last entries in the WCRG, so I'd like to try this again.

I'm going to echo others and say that summer would probably be the best time for me as well (I don't think anything's going to be coming up then, that I know of, anyway).

also, Amphibious, Gario, and I should team up again so we can continue our victory run ;-)

Careful... Only reason the Devils didn't take first was that we dropped a round :twisted:

I'm half tempted to join and impose some additional constrictions on myself, like using only FL natives/defaults and maybe some tighter time constraints as well (though I probably won't have to impose those on myself...). FL 11 has some nasty stuff, I think that could end up being pretty fun, and I could post the project file for FL users to check out the synthesis (GUYS SERIOUSLY START USING GMS WTF)

Preemptive disclaimer: I'm not a very organized producer