Sign in to follow this  
dPaladin

Anyone want to do sampler work for me?

I got FL like 3 years ago and I've been using it, but I kind of suck with it.

Alright, I suck really bad with it. I can do techno stuff alright, but I can't make ANYTHING sound realistic. Even Squidfont sounds hollow. I read the guide on realistic instruments and it helped (when I edit velocity levels I tend to overdo it a little), but I still make midi-ish mixes.

That might be because I make remixes by sequencing MIDIs in Anvil Studio, then opening them in FL and slapping soundfonts over them, along with some eqing, reverb and whatnot.

I know I write okay arrangements, but they always sound crappy. Could someone maybe collaborate with me to make OCReMixes out of my midis? Basically, I'd send you a midi, and you'd make sound real. No writing on your part unless you come up with something that you'd like to add.

Or an awesome tutorial/huge book that covers anything would be okay too.

Do you get your food and clothes for free, too? Yes? What a paradise.

Live isn't easy, nothing is for free. Accept that, or leave it be.

Both names would be in the submission. Do you work at a business where you get paid and no other employees do? Yes? What a paradise.

Depending on what kind of instruments you use in your songs, I can help too.

I am limited to:

No tempo changes (I can't do variable tempo atm sry)

Certain instruments (I don't have some instruments that people here favor, like harpsicord, taiko drums, basically strange and/or ethnic instruments I am sort of limited on)

Other than that I can probably help you out. PM me sometime.

Would you be wanting them to pretty much finalize the track by mixing and whatnot, or would you want each individual instrument track so you could mix yourself?

Would you be wanting them to pretty much finalize the track by mixing and whatnot, or would you want each individual instrument track so you could mix yourself?

Sounds like the former, but I'm not sure what exactly you're asking here.

Thanks to everyone who has offered to help so far. I've been doing a shitload of reading, but it's no match for actual experience.

What the hell? He's asking for someone to collaborate with him on a remix. Do you think all the other collab remixers and people in the live performer offer thread here were paid too? :roll: Save the philosophy for later please.

Offer is still up. No limits here.

Thanks man. I'm still cleaning up the arrangement, though.

What the hell? He's asking for someone to collaborate with him on a remix. Do you think all the other collab remixers and people in the live performer offer thread here were paid too? Rolling Eyes Save the philosophy for later please.

What's weird is that he's done this exact thing before, and he's very good at it.

What style of music is it?

Rock (guitar, organ, drums, bass, like this) or techno with some "real" instruments added in.

EDIT: What's with the whole Lazytown fad? It's everywhere all of a sudden.

Both names would be in the submission. Do you work at a business where you get paid and no other employees do? Yes? What a paradise.

Why don't you just STFU noob and go to where you came from!

Admit it, you just want to collab to get popular and shit just to pimp that "you're the man" and be one of the best remixers on planet "internet".

God, just STFU!

Why don't you just STFU noob and go to where you came from!

Admit it, you just want to collab to get popular and shit just to pimp that "you're the man" and be one of the best remixers on planet "internet".

God, just STFU!

Compy, you need to chill out.

Fire I see that you have over 2000 posts here, so why are you asking this? Why haven't you looked in the FL sticky and taken some advice? If you have FL, try to learn to use it. Sure I could collab with you and we could put out a great mix, but what's the fun in that? I don't get to do any arranging, you don't get to do any production. Collabs are usually both remixers sharing all the creative control, but you would like to split it. Why? why not learn it yourself and have complete credit for the song? I'm not arguing with you here, but really it seems like you just want to be heard. Yes arranging is a valuable skill, but so is mixing. A remixer is both a re-arrangement guy and a mixer but you want to become a posted remixer by only doing the first part?

Compy, you need to chill out.

Who said I'm not chilling?!

Oh yeah, the fast and most convenient way - "let others do it, and I get the fame". Never going the hard way, evading critism, evading the quality check and therefore a "rejection" cause the lazyness takes place. It's so simple to float on the wave of others popularity.

You're clever indeed, you found the hole in the system! Finding a way through, is another thing.

There are actually a bunch of ReMixers I know that write MIDIs or instrumental parts and have someone else do the production/performance for them. It's not uncommon at all. I don't see anyone raggin' on John Williams because he doesn't play all the instruments for the music he writes.

Fire I see that you have over 2000 posts here, so why are you asking this? Why haven't you looked in the FL sticky and taken some advice? If you have FL, try to learn to use it. Sure I could collab with you and we could put out a great mix, but what's the fun in that? I don't get to do any arranging, you don't get to do any production. Collabs are usually both remixers sharing all the creative control, but you would like to split it. Why? why not learn it yourself and have complete credit for the song? I'm not arguing with you here, but really it seems like you just want to be heard. Yes arranging is a valuable skill, but so is mixing. A remixer is both a re-arrangement guy and a mixer but you want to become a posted remixer by only doing the first part?

Mostly, you're right. If course I've looked in the FL sticky (beastly thing that it is) and I've read zircon's guides. I just happen to suck at the production side of things. I know it's just as important, which is why I would callaborate as equals and not give myself the lion's share of the credit. I guess you're right that I'd be better off not doing that kind of thing and learning it on my own, but I don't see why I can't do one then the other.

Also guys, I don't think CompyFox is being serious. His second post just sounds so fake.

Mostly, you're right. If course I've looked in the FL sticky (beastly thing that it is) and I've read zircon's guides. I just happen to suck at the production side of things. I know it's just as important, which is why I would callaborate as equals and not give myself the lion's share of the credit. I guess you're right that I'd be better off not doing that kind of thing and learning it on my own, but I don't see why I can't do one then the other.

Here's my opinion: while getting someone to produce your mixes may satisfy your short-term goals of getting a mix onto the site (if i am guessing your goals correctly), learning how to both write and produce will help you out more in the long run. Doing the seperate writing and production thing may work ok now, but I think that it will stifle your creativity and what you will learn and be able to create. For example, if you plan on learning how to score for computer instruments, you're going to have to learn the nuances of your tools rather than have someone try and follow just your midi notes and ship it back to you.

I guess I could elaborate more if you need me too, but my main point is this: I think it'll help you grow more as an artist to learn how to both write and produce, and growing as artists is what we're all after here. So, let's all play nice together and try to help each other out.

Sweet. If you have any questions, post em in here and I'll try to answer.

"let others do it, and I get the fame"

Just like that damn Beethoven. All he did was write the music. He didnt even play a single instrument during performances. All he did was stand there and wave his stick. And he gets all the fame.

I find that writing mucis and production are inherently linked. I mean, I can kinda seperate them... but it sound better when there are one cohesive whole. Often I will tweak a synth to sound better, only to find something I wrote earlier doesn't sound as good, so I have to tweak that... and so on. But then, I'm a compulisve knob tweaker... others may not have this issue.

I find that writing mucis and production are inherently linked. I mean, I can kinda seperate them... but it sound better when there are one cohesive whole. Often I will tweak a synth to sound better, only to find something I wrote earlier doesn't sound as good, so I have to tweak that... and so on. But then, I'm a compulisve knob tweaker... others may not have this issue.

I never used to be, but now I am. :lol:

Also: Scott...how about instead of just doing it and shipping it back, I can tech a little somethig about production values along the way?

Fire: I'm leaving on Saturday and not returning until the next saturday, so that should give you plenty of time to either finish your composition or find somebody else if you wish to.