OCR03101 - Dark Souls 'I Had a Name'

djpretzel

A beautiful mix. At 1:15 I realized I was in for something truly moving and evocative... and I don't even know the source material. At times powerful and at times a sort of distant lament, I give this song full marks. 3:45 to the finish is goose-bump inducing and finishes in one of the saddest trails I've ever heard. Wow.

Beautiful work by RoeTaka.

Get this mix.

I have trouble connecting with this piece. The strings are playing super loud almost constantly, which feels like it was forcing the emotion down your throat (with very much the sensibility of blockbuster epicality). The arrangement is otherwise good, well paced and emotive, and I love the gentleness and tone of the piano.

cheers roe!

i had a deeper connection with some of your dark souls remixes you posted on your soundcloud, most of them mirroring that sad/beautiful vibe as well.

this feels like bgm in itself, but good bgm! introspective and serene and all dat :D

i tried getting into dark souls last year, but couldn't get over the console-like feel or something (pc port, dunno if it's considered good). maybe i can give it more time sometime, as you clearly have!

keep it flowinnn mate

• 8 months later...

It starts off very nicely, almost like a movie theme or the start of a trailer music track. The piece is very emotional, I could see it has the music playing during a sad scene in a movie. Yet again, Alex succeeds in making something very epic without making it ultra-bombastic. I really love this one, it sounds really good. :)