Commissions/Track ReMix suggestions

Charizard6

Hi, new to the forums and I just went through all 100 pages this last week to pick out tracks I'd like. I didn't listen to every song but I found more than a few surprises that ended up downloaded. In that delve into the archives I found some single remixes that weren't particularly attributed to any albums or inspired music that gets little attention. To get to the point of the title, I'm wondering on that note if there is any open space to throw out commission propositions and/or track suggestions for future remixes for those less musically inclined.

Well actually no, it's not. Unless I am mistaken (and I entirely could be,) that is for people requesting tracks for their own remixing purposes. The intended ask from me is for people who quite blatantly can't remix and can only appreciate music from afar or would like to name a certain number of tracks to be remixed for them for commission. I don't know if that's a thing and I'm looking for clarification, I suppose.

Edited by Charizard6
typo

I was just about to admit my misguidance to Anorax over the use of the remix forum when Liontamer posts straightforward links and direction to my overall question. Thank you very much Liontamer! All new forums are overwhelming and diverse, and take time to adjust to.

As a follow up question in that vein, is there a FAQ thread in the noob forum? I don't see one stickied and it might be a good idea as I have a feeling questions like mine have been asked before. :l

Well, yes and no. All the same I feel embarrassed for not looking around a bit more. The questions in the FAQ info section seem to pertain to the site broadly speaking with a specific focus toward the remixing aspect. There was no mention of either question I had though maybe again that's an assumption that's made that people will "navigate around" more.

I suppose when I said FAQ I was thinking more along the lines of forum/community-wise and also where that one ultimate sticky (sidebar: sticky threads are hard to distinguish at first glance when "sticky" is in the same font as the title. Maybe bold the sticky portion so it's easily identifiable what's important instead of scanning how far down sticky threads go. A mere suggestion; a nitpick really.) is that essentially tells you everything. Maybe I'm asking too much here.

All the same, the guide and its suggestion to read the wiki (maybe quick link that) is definitely a great start.

Edited by Charizard6
sentence structure

Well, Stickies are always on the top, so they're pretty easy to spot overall. It's what makes em' stickies, after all.

Each forum has a 'Forum rules' sticky that's pretty easy to spot, since every forum's rules are different. The rules that apply to everything is here, if you need them, but there's nothing out of the ordinary with them, really.

http://ocremix.org/info/Forum_Rules_and_Posting_Policy