OCR00592 - Xenogears "Uncaptured Jewel"

orkybash

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

I have said this many, many times in the past, but Xenogears, in my opinion has the best sountrack ever. At one point, a few years ago, this was my favorite song. Well not anymore, but now that I have heard this remix, my heart once again loves the touching melody. This one is also far better then the original. The background fits perfectly with the notes of the main meldoy. It ads a power to it, and it has more emotion then the original.

• 2 weeks later...

This is my 10th post now ... and my second for this game today (jeezus it's that's good). I like this one, making a fine addition to my growing collection of remixes from this game. Very good vareity of instruments, and blending. It comes together very nicely producing something I doubt you could find anywhere else aside from this game ... probably LoD, but that's personal favorites in effect. I say congrats on this mix, and wish I had of heard the music from this game sooner. BTW, I like what I have heard by this guy for the 2 KI remixes I have by him, now it's 4 tracks. Sample new stuff and don't be afraid of an odd track here or there.

I like this song a lot. I haven't posted a review about it even though it's been here for the better part of a year. Actually, I'm going to admit that this is in my top 5 lists of not only ReMixes, but songs altogether. It might be #1, I still haven't decided yet. It's a fine line. But I really enjoy this. I've been with OCRemix since just about it's beginning (back when they had the orange background), so that's a pretty bold statement from me, not something you'll hear often. That instrument in the background (I can't identify it) is really cool, it sounds like something in the Robotrek soundtrack (you'll know it when you hear it, just turn on the game, it should be in the opening). I really like how, when the percussion comes in, you get a nice 5/4 feel without the song actually being in 5/4. You know.... 5/4..... 123, 12, 12, 123, 123, 12, 12, 123. But the 123 part are triplets so it's not actually 5/4. Great song. I apoloize for not using more vivid imagery for my awe of this song, I just can't find the right words to do this masterpiece justice

• 8 months later...

Wow! 8O:wink: Simply great! :D Except maybe for that rhumba drumbeat, wich at my opinion, doesn't fit very well with the atmosphere of the original music :? , this remix is very moving! :cry::) But well! :roll: At least, it's that beat that stop me from crying like a baby like I do each time I've heard that music in the game! :oops::wink: Good work Jared and keep up sending good remixes like you always do! :P

A heart with no feelings have no hope or dreams! -Tiberiansam-

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Definitely a great remix. I haven't had the benefit of hearing the original song, so the rhumba interpretation doesn't bother me at all - I rather like the flavor it brings to the song.

I've got it burned on a CD, among other remixes, and it's loaded up in my car's CD player as I type this. Very nice work.

I'm pleased to have stumbled across Jared's work - it's very refined. I used to follow AE pretty closely (love those Mega Man tunes), but since I downloaded the Metal Gear Solid 2 remix that Jared did, I went and grabbed his other pieces.

Primo stuff.

• 2 years later...

Though the remix starts out in cover territory, it quickly shifts to an almost clockwork style of writing, with lots of interesting and well-placed percussion and pizzicato strings.

Especially nice is the piano in the background providing the chords and the occasional counterpoint with the right hand.

The oboe and string leads are slightly synthetic, but good enough to not bring the mix down.

The source tune is beautiful, and this mix improves upon it in many ways, while adding a distinctly different feel. Highly recommended, and one that I somehow overlooked when it was first released.

• 4 months later...

Who knew. The remixer responsible for Broken Mirror Reflection is also behind this, thus making you the creator of 2/3 of my favorite Xenogears mixes. The source is my favorite track from the Xenogears soundtrack, and this mix takes it places I could previously only dream of. It's absolutely beautiful and without flaw.

• 1 year later...

Beautiful work. It has a nice busy sound to it without cluttering things up, thanks to that clockwork style OA already noted. Highly enjoyable, quite relaxing, yet fortunately not relaxing to the point where it puts you to sleep. Unfortunately, it does get repetitive around 2:30, as we've heard that part before. That criticism aside, there's nothing I don't like about it.

• 9 months later...
  • Liontamer changed the title to OCR00592 - Xenogears "Uncaptured Jewel"
  • 3 years later...