BadAss: Boss Themes: Volume I - History

Pi_R_Squared

ed]All mixers with works in progress, please place a copy of your current version on the "wip: oc remixes" forum here at OCR. That does not mean stop updating at our other site, but it is to be done, to collect feedback from the community.

Ehh... isn't that a little early? I mean, we haven't even had our first WIP deadline. We're still trying things out. Perhaps later on it would be a nice idea (not sure if it boosts the image of the project though), but too early to post mine anyway.

Besides, it's not really a invitation to post new WIPs at our forum if we know we have to post them at OCR's WIP forum aswell

I thought our WIP deadline was 19th November. You know, like how It says [WIPs by 11/19] in big letters in the title of this thread.

Yeah, I understand. But take leepmeister, for example. He can't do anything until he gets his guitarist at thanksgiving. So, till then, suggestions for improvement are the best anyone can do.

Now, Im not saying you have to put WIPs on that forum, at least until you get them in normally. If you dont have yours done yet, dont sweat it.

ed]All mixers with works in progress, please place a copy of your current version on the "wip: oc remixes" forum here at OCR. That does not mean stop updating at our other site, but it is to be done, to collect feedback from the community.

Ehh... isn't that a little early? I mean, we haven't even had our first WIP deadline. We're still trying things out. Perhaps later on it would be a nice idea (not sure if it boosts the image of the project though), but too early to post mine anyway.

Besides, it's not really a invitation to post new WIPs at our forum if we know we have to post them at OCR's WIP forum aswell

I thought our WIP deadline was 19th November. You know, like how It says [WIPs by 11/19] in big letters in the title of this thread.

I know that, I'm not, contrary to popular belief, blind. All I was trying saying is that we're not PAST the dealine yet. And when the time comes, I'll probably post my WIP there too. But it has to be in a further state than it is now.

Speaking of the WIP, I posted a new version at the forum

Speaking of which, I'm thinking of sending out a second WIP notice. Some people, I haven't gotten anything yet, and 2 (Cerrax and Dewcandy) haven't even checked their inboxes yet. I get Dewcandy, considering someone with only 1 post isn't likely to make frequent appearences back at the forum,or possibly be reliable at all, but Cerrax, well, I've tried PM's and email. Nothings working.

And, talking about people who seem to make unnecessarily long, frustrating disappearances, has anyone heard from Kanjika? I think... If he doesn't show up soon, he's not only no longer co-coordinator, but off the project alltogether. I really don;t want to do this, because I really do expect to see good things from him.

*Sigh*..., oh well. I will send out a new WIP notice to those who haven't posted anything yet. Hopefully, kicking anyone off the project wont be necessary. On the other hand, it opens up the position for anyone who's a bit more reliable. And some of you might want to keep an ea out, you don't know if I might be taking on a new co-coordinator in the coming week.

hmm, this is just a question out of curiosity, but is Sephiroth's theme reserved for someone? I would have thought that that would be one of the first ones to be picked.

Also, Sephiroth has a plethora of themes, I'm assuming you mean One Winged Angel? Could it be mixed with other similar themes like the Jenova theme and the Bizarro sephiroth theme?

I have to think about it whether I'd pick one of the remaining tracks to mix, but I'd be more than happy to provide Rhythm and Lead guitar for anyone interested, so you can write me down for that, if you please :D

Edit: Ah screw it, I lied, put me on for sephiroth please, I'd be damned if I wasn't interested :D

ed]And, talking about people who seem to make unnecessarily long, frustrating disappearances, has anyone heard from Kanjika? I think... If he doesn't show up soon, he's not only no longer co-coordinator, but off the project alltogether. I really don;t want to do this, because I really do expect to see good things from him.

Never heard from him since I was on this project. But the project's not too old yet, so give him some more time, I say. After all, we're only human

hmm, this is just a question out of curiosity, but is Sephiroth's theme reserved for someone? I would have thought that that would be one of the first ones to be picked.

Also, Sephiroth has a plethora of themes, I'm assuming you mean One Winged Angel? Could it be mixed with other similar themes like the Jenova theme and the Bizarro sephiroth theme?

I have to think about it whether I'd pick one of the remaining tracks to mix, but I'd be more than happy to provide Rhythm and Lead guitar for anyone interested, so you can write me down for that, if you please :D

Edit: Ah screw it, I lied, put me on for sephiroth please, I'd be damned if I wasn't interested :D

Yeah, sure. If you're a guitarist, it can only mean good things. I mentioned this a few pages back, and a few pages before that, but more than one of Sephiroth's themes would be included, because of the amount of times Squeenix has redone it themselves. Jenova's theme and Bizzaro Seph's theme would both count.

One idea a friend of mine had an idea, to do the whole thing all Marilyn Manson -y, with crazy ass, demonic latin lyrics, that no one would be able to understand, in that gutteral, demonic voice. You know what I mean? If not, well, the choice is yours, not mine.

Sleepy Emp, that was amazing. Thats all I can really say. Downright incredible.

I take that back. Sleepy Emp, it's still good, but it's lacking. So far, it is repetitive, and can be a bit boring. It has very interesting parts, but they are all done similarly. It needs variety, and bad.

As in-game boss music, it would fit very well, but as a track, it needs work.

Still good, though.

ed]

Yeah, sure. If you're a guitarist, it can only mean good things. I mentioned this a few pages back, and a few pages before that, but more than one of Sephiroth's themes would be included, because of the amount of times Squeenix has redone it themselves. Jenova's theme and Bizzaro Seph's theme would both count.

One idea a friend of mine had an idea, to do the whole thing all Marilyn Manson -y, with crazy ass, demonic latin lyrics, that no one would be able to understand, in that gutteral, demonic voice. You know what I mean? If not, well, the choice is yours, not mine.

Sleepy Emp, that was amazing. Thats all I can really say. Downright incredible.

Well the Marilyn Manson thing sounds like a good idea, even though I only have some basic idea of how his songs are, so I'll have to listen a bit more to him, but I think it will make a great remix.

About the lyrics, I'd definitely need some kind of lyricist able to do grunting and screams, but fortunately there's enough time to find one since I can just start with the arrangement and add the

vocals last.

Anyway, I'll start working on it this afternoon, and come up with a WIP to demonstrate the general idea as soon as possible ^^

• Liontamer changed the title to BadAss: Boss Themes: Volume I - History