BadAss: Boss Themes: Volume I - History

Pi_R_Squared

umm wasn't kirby taken? If not, I'd like to sign up for it! :)

The source tune is, compared to Sephiroth's theme, extremely easy to adapt, and it would be cool if I could alternate between two recordings, since Sephiroth is being a bitch to arrange (having sort of a writer's/composer's block now :P).

So I could, figuratively speaking, blow off some steam by remixing a much easier track. Of course I don't mean the remix would be any worse compared to sephiroth, it's just that it would be less ambitious. :)

Cheers guys!!!

Heres a WIP - M.A.D.M.A.N

E.G.G.M.A.N from SA2 ReMix - needs work. Try finding the instrumental version of the original here - they have a special media player on the first page.

I will post this in the correct places soon enough, but here I qualify for the deadline - (yay!)

I also gotta check out the other WIPs and give some feedback and that will be done later.

ed]Liquid Ocelot; If no one claims him soon, I'll replace him and maybe add two or three bosses to the list up there. No one has yet even brought him up.
Well, Liquid Ocelot will be in MGS4,so I think you should take him out, but change it to another Metal Gear Boss.

Hey, I'm back!

Tensei-San - Give it till the WIP deadline. In fact, that goes for anyone who wants a second track.

Spunodi - A little too light. At the moment, not the right feel, considering the whole album. Good work so far, though.

DeathBySpoon (And pretty much anyone who's going to make suggestions) - Let me provide an example, for now, or the next album. Bowser's already in it. Baby Bowser won't be in either, so you'd better hope leep's doing something there. On the other hand, Majora's Mask is totally up for grabs next time around.

Gangstar - Looks like thats the path I'm gonna have to take. As soon as that we hit Nov. 19, Ill put up some new guys, take down some others.

I heard a song on the radio, and it got me thinking...

Music needs to have a feel. You know the Circiut City commercials playing "Just What I Needed" by the cars? Well, I heard it on the radio. The whole buch of yellow and orange colors, just really hit me in a great way. Good music can do that.

A few days later, I heard a song I've never heard before, and unfortunately, I still haven't figured it out. I was too lost in thought to care about the lyrics, but I really got some great imagery off of it. The double-helix, (you know DNA?), with two guitars, back and forth. Hey, if anyone knows the track, tell me. I really would love to hear it again.

But my point, to any mixers planning on guitar, try it, if it's not too late. My thoughts? Dedede would be perfect for this idea. Two, or maybe even three guitars, fading in and out, back and forth, in some sort or Double/Triple-Helix rotation thing. Sounds kewl.

EDIT: Actually, no, Jazz is like the New Coke, it'll be around forever, hehehe... I take that back. Gary Oak's "Champion" theme from red/blue would sound KILLER like that.

ed]

Spunodi - A little too light. At the moment, not the right feel, considering the whole album. Good work so far, though.

A few things have prevented me getting the right feel - such as work and degree assignments. However, bear in mind that it is a template for eventual lyrics.

I plan to rework the drums to give them more punch, re-arrange the 'synth' solo I've added to make it more energetic and dance-y (plus darker - think 'Faithless - Insomnia' influence,) plus I also plan on getting better XD

If you think I'm heading in the right direction, or you feel the need to bring up some suggestions for certain things then please let me know - I will be working on it further on in the month.

I'm going to quote Wikipedia quoting someone else, I guess:

The 1957 Encyclopédie Larousse defines a cell as follows:

"a small rhythmic and melodic design that can be isolated, or can make up one part of a thematic context. A cell can be developed independent of its context, as a melodic fragment. It can be the source for the whole structure of the work; in that case it is called a generative cell."

Basically, a cell is a motif that a song is built on. So, for example, two guitars could play two different cells (melodies, arpeggios, etc.) in tandem with each other, with interplay via fade. I'm not entirely sure if this is what you're describing or not.

And the WIP is downloading fine for me. Grr. Computer hate.

Nope. The WIP is working now. All check.

And, this cell thing is starting to sound better and better. Who would you say, are the BEST two guitarists on OCR? We need them. A live two-guitar collab would be sick. The MIDIs over at vgmusic only have three instruments, 2 guitars, and a bass. You thinknig what Im thinking? We'll need a great bassist, too.

*cough*

ed]

EDIT: Actually, no, Jazz is like the New Coke, it'll be around forever, hehehe... I take that back. Gary Oak's "Champion" theme from red/blue would sound KILLER like that.

I was already planning to do something like that, actually. It will kick ass

and whilst jazz will be around for ever, coke probably won't.

ed]Nope. The WIP is working now. All check.

And, this cell thing is starting to sound better and better. Who would you say, are the BEST two guitarists on OCR? We need them. A live two-guitar collab would be sick. The MIDIs over at vgmusic only have three instruments, 2 guitars, and a bass. You thinknig what Im thinking? We'll need a great bassist, too.

*cough*

Uhhh..... Well, we could use our own Tensei-San (he has been playing for ages according to the Xenogears Project thread), but then theres also LuIzA and Sixto, their stuff is pretty impressive. Is this for the Gary Oak song? Or are you planning on using this for something else? Dizzy's theme from Guilty Gear X would sound pretty awesome like this (Not that her theme is in the project, yet, but her theme did rule, and she was the final boss in Guilty Gear X, and youve already said something about maybe replacing a few of the boss themes, so, you know....)

And sorry for the double post. I'm just soooo lazy today.

Well, whatever works. I really want that for GaryPokemon? Pokemon?!, though. I mean, I'll check those two out when I have the time, later today. Of course, some other themes like "rival battles", or just generic battle themes would be thrown in, to spice it up.

And don't worry about double posts. If it helps to keep the thread up, it's alright in my book.

ed]Well, whatever works. I really want that for GaryPokemon? Pokemon?!, though. I mean, I'll check those two out when I have the time, later today. Of course, some other themes like "rival battles", or just generic battle themes would be thrown in, to spice it up.

Cool. Rival battles and generic battle themes could be a good idea. thats's pocket monsters to you, sir.

Oh, and I already know what I may do for Chaso to Crescendo 2 - Ramriez's theme (From Skies Of Acradia). But thats striclty for Chaos To Crescendo 2.

I think... I may have made a mistake. EVERYONE, check the first post, make sure your information is correct.

That means

-Your name

-What you're mixing

-WIP dates

-If you're even there at all

There were speakings of, what 3 different collaborations? Whose doing what, now? Because I was speaking of Gary's track being done by "great mixers", but I have

"Tensei-San/the-almighty-tallest(collab)"

up there. You guys doing this? 'Cause that would rock. Maybe you could throw around my idea? The cells whatever thing?

Okay... yeah.

ed] I was speaking of Gary's track being done by "great mixers", but I have

"Tensei-San/the-almighty-tallest(collab)"

What you tryin' to say? That we aren't great mixers?just kidding. i know you were reffering to us when you said ''great mixers''
up there. You guys doing this? 'Cause that would rock. Maybe you could throw around my idea? The cells whatever thing?

Okay... yeah.

Of course we are. But We are starting that later. And yes, we are using your cells idea (well, I am, since I'm arranging the track and Tensei-San is going to guitar all over it, maybe I'll get a few other guitarists as well).

*cough*

Uhhh..... Well, we could use our own Tensei-San (he has been playing for ages according to the Xenogears Project thread), but then theres also LuIzA and Sixto, their stuff is pretty impressive. Is this for the Gary Oak song? Or are you planning on using this for something else? Dizzy's theme from Guilty Gear X would sound pretty awesome like this (Not that her theme is in the project, yet, but her theme did rule, and she was the final boss in Guilty Gear X, and youve already said something about maybe replacing a few of the boss themes, so, you know....)

While it is true I have been playing for almost nine years, I would want to point out that my guitar setup/recording chain suxx donkey balls, and thus, my humble skills on guitar are compromised by stupid external noise and a high latency.

Even though I've bought an M-Audio Fasttrack, it turned out to total crap due to the lack of specific ASIO-drivers for it, and now I've even had to disconnect it due to the hardware conflicts it gave me, so it's just sitting on my desk.

To sum it up, I'm not THAT good, I'm sure there are loads of better guitar players here (LuIzA is definitely one of them)

*cough*

To sum it up, I'm not THAT good, I'm sure there are loads of better guitar players here (LuIza is definitely one of them)

*Points gun at head* One way or another, your collabarating with me.

• Liontamer changed the title to BadAss: Boss Themes: Volume I - History