BadAss: Boss Themes: Volume I - History

Pi_R_Squared

Lovin' the feedback. After several suggestions for both, I guess it's a sure thing we'll be having both someone from Guilty Gear, and Gruntilda. I guess I'll have to go listen to the soundtracks to get a feel of what would fit.

Expect some harsh criticism as the deadline approaches. mlo already knows what I'm talking about. Anything I feel doesn't currently fit, or is of general poor quality with few updates, you'll be carpet-bombed with complaints. Here's what I'm looking for:

-Quality

-"Feel", in terms of the whole project fitting together

-Updates, because one in two months can't be good

Seriously. Doesn't everything have to be perfect? Be willing to change major portions of the track, or the whole thing altogether. To give some hope, not all of you will be attacked. Those ones, that's who to look for towards inspiration. Obviously, they did something right you need to be watching out for. Also, don't be afraid to utilize what you have. If someone on the project plays an instrument, ask for help! ANY live instrument can make a huge difference.

Okay, here comes the harsh stuff. Some of the mixes aren't quite up to par, others I have personal gripes with. Here stuff goes, and let's hope no one gets mad. I understand they're works in progress. Not as bad as I thought most of it would be.

Andross-

Waiting...

Bowser-

Waiting for the guitar. Can be a little repetitive, but I suppose the guitar will cover that up. We'll see.

Dark Force-

Hey, whats the deal? You removed it from the WIPs thing, said you were done, and then pulled or something? I never got a response for that...

Dark Gaia-

Not particularly fond of this so far. Not only is it repetitive (and loud), but it isn't that close to the right feel, regarding the whole album. Something good could come of this, but not without work.

Dark King-

No mixer yet. This may be be removed.

Deus-

Something strange, in that I can't seem to find this mix. It might be floating around on this thread. But I can't find it...

Dracula-

Nothing yet here, either. Till Sunday, then it's open.

Dr. Robotnik-

Last you said, you were going to make it darker, but also more "dance-y". Be very careful with that.

Dr. Neo Cortex-

Nothing yet...

Sigma-

Sounding very good so far. Like the feel, nothing about this one so far.

Eve-

No one yet. Might be removed.

Ganondorf-

"Obviously it's not finished". Good thing, too. It's real early, so Ill leave this one alone.

Gary Oak-

Waiting...

Giygas-

Waiting...

King DeDeDe-

Don't really want to take this off. But, no mixer yet.

King K. Rool-

I spoke to mlo about this privately.

Lavos-

Waiting...

Liquid Ocelot-

Most likely, he's gone.

M. Bison-

Whats with the weird way you are ending this? I really don't like it too much...

Master Hand-

Waiting...

Mother Brain-

Needs a mixer...

Saturos and Menardi-

This doesn't even feel like a track. It feels like a build-up, like an intro. Am I the only one that thinks that?

Sephiroth-

Very messy. I like that it's all guitar, but it needs work. No doubts, though.

The Sinistrals-

Like where it's going, but needs more variety, currently.

Sloprano-

Repetitive through the whole thing. Some parts I didn't recognize at all. Just because it's a joke boss, doesn't mean you can't include themes from other bosses in Conker's Bad Fur Day...

Now, for anybody that doesn't get a WIP in by Sunday, that track goes up for grabs. First one to get a quality WIP in gets the track. That way, things stay fair, but give others a chance to jump in.

No, I'm here. But for anyone who's been paying attention, I've been having trouble with my wi-fi. My laptop buzzed out on me, so till I get it fixed, I'm stuck on my dial-up desktop. I've been spenfing the last half hour downloading MSN just for that...

But that doesn't mean not to sign up on the forums...

ed]

Now, for anybody that doesn't get a WIP in by Sunday, that track goes up for grabs. First one to get a quality WIP in gets the track. That way, things stay fair, but give others a chance to jump in.

Man, thats a bit harsh. I mean, seriously, what if someone is working on the track, but something really bad is happening in thier personal life or something? You should probably PM them if they don't make the WIP deadline. Don't get me wrong, I think its a good thing that we drop people who are being lazy and shit straight away, but there are other things that could mean they don't get it posted by Sunday.

Not that I'm going to be late, of course. But REASON just wen't and got all messed up. If you don't like the WIP that I post on Sunday, thats because i'll have to post a Sibaleus version instead. Hopefull I'l be able to get REASON working tomorow.

And what did you mean about not liking Pu_Freaks M Bison mix ending? I thought it was great.

EDIT - the reason my Sibaleus one sounds so crappy is because you cannot do Trance in Sibaleus. God knows how Ive tried. Also, you can't add effects.

ed]Fine, you think maybe I should update the WIP thing by a week? I gave plenty of time, I think...

YOu shouldn't. Stay with the deadline. Just exclude some people that have good reasons (no pun intended) not to be able to make it from it. Extend it for them only. Like the-almighty-tallest said, it won't be the only time that someone can't make the dealine because of various reasons. I suggest keeping the dealine as it was, but give the remixers with problems (like tallest) some more time.

ed]And don't think that me saying I don't like the ending to that one doesn't mean it's not good. Just, it's a little out of place, you know?

I have a feeling that your disliking of the ending has more to do with your taste in musical genre than my undoing :wink:. But this isn't the end yet. There's still a part coming.

Hello all, just wanted to "check in" since I've been gone for a while. After finishing a ton of stuff for schoo this week, I have room to breathe again :)

So, heading home for break now, and will record things with the guitarist. Expect major revisions from me by the end of next weekend. 8)

Well I think I've got some new ideas for my sephiroth arrangement by taking a few days off, so I'll get to work as soon as possible.

Anyway, about the King Dedede mix, I'd love to do it. I finally got my hands on the Garritan Jazz & Big Band sample library, and I think King Dedede's theme would be perfect for a fast, hectic jazz piece (nothing mellow, mind you), even though I understand that would be bending the rule restrictions a bit :)

ed]Dark Force-

Hey, whats the deal? You removed it from the WIPs thing, said you were done, and then pulled or something? I never got a response for that...

Yeah, I should probably explain.

Yes it is 99% done, and andy is just tweaking it for completion atm. We haven't replied yet because we're still not sure what we want to do with it yet. We're much further along than most people, and we have no idea how long the entire project is gonna take, it just seems a shame that its gonna sit there finished for what could be a very very long time without being heard.

The best idea we've come up with so far is this: We wanted to take this track off the project and then instead, make a new track for the project later on. This way, me and andy can finally get something on OCR, and the project would still get a track from us also, although we havent thought about what track we would do instead. This is of course assuming that our track got accepted, we can't be sure but we're fairly confident its a solid arrangement with good production.

Oh and Pi_R_[]ed, i heard you thought this was a bad idea, but i'm not sure what the problem is, as i said, we're more then willing to do another track for the project at some time. Perhaps you would like to hear the track first? It might not even fit in with what you want. Sorry about the fuss.

ed]

Dr. Robotnik-

Last you said, you were going to make it darker, but also more "dance-y". Be very careful with that.

I understand what you are looking for; I think I may have mentioned before, but the kind of thing I'm gonna go for is like Insomnia by Faithless which is a very dark tune yet a dance masterpiece with euphoric overtones.

Did that description make me sound like a wine critic?

One thing that is holding me back a little is my inability to sing correctly (voice is okay, just need to learn how to use it.) I aim to be having singing lessons once the Christmas season has been and gone and the lyrics I have planned with the style I have in mind should rectify the O LOLZ - ITZ HAPPEHY vibe which sometimes emanates.

Did that description make me sound like a wine critic?

The lyrics mangle the original and paint a picture of an insane persona, but insanity which justifies and glorifies itself.

Now, I understand you have only one WIP from me, but the schedule of my job and my degree course intercepts my ReMixing and OCR-ing. But rest assured I am not going away - I should be providing something in time for the 12 days of Christmas.

ed]Saturos and Menardi-

This doesn't even feel like a track. It feels like a build-up, like an intro. Am I the only one that thinks that?

That's because that's all it is right now - believe me, it will be a heck of a lot better, I just got a couple of ideas a few minutes ago from "Darkness Duelling" and "Confronting the Mystic" from Chrono Symphonic.

Wats up guys, I have a pretty big update for my song over at the private forums.

I said this over there, but I'll say it again so everyone will know.

I'd like to get real guitar for this if anyone can actually play it. Both lead and rythm. Writing guitar tab for it would take ages, I can give u guys an mp3 and midi for each part.

The hardest part would prob be the rythm guitar in the 2nd to last section. Tensei-San was the first to offer, so you got first dibs dude. The guitar sound cannot be overly distorted, but it has to have some distortion I tried to create the sound I would like to hear best in the song. I think the lead is good, but the rythm guitars in the first section could sound better. I used guitar rig 2 to create the guitar sounds in the demo.

I am hoping to get the guitar work done soon, bc I wanna submit this asap so I can feedback on it if it doesn't pass before we release the project.

Oh yeah, I though about naming the song 'My Obligation to Oblivion' wat do guys think?

I see that Doomsday is doing a Sigma remix, and at the start it's got both Dr. Wily from the original Mega Man series, and Sigma from the Mega Man X/Maverick Hunter X series.

...it'd be so totally kick-ass if you did themes for both, since each one had about nine games they were the major villians of.

Just a thought. I'm really looking forward to seeing this project finished.

Hold on, let me just say that Twilight Princess is the best video game in the history of all time. Don't think I'm dead, I've just been preoccupied with that, and I've been sick and tired from waiting on line for 30 hours for the damn thing...

OK, let me get as much done as I can.

Anyway, about the King Dedede mix, I'd love to do it. I finally got my hands on the Garritan Jazz & Big Band sample library, and I think King Dedede's theme would be perfect for a fast, hectic jazz piece (nothing mellow, mind you), even though I understand that would be bending the rule restrictions a bit

No prob, as long as it's good.

Yes it is 99% done, and andy is just tweaking it for completion atm. We haven't replied yet because we're still not sure what we want to do with it yet. We're much further along than most people, and we have no idea how long the entire project is gonna take, it just seems a shame that its gonna sit there finished for what could be a very very long time without being heard.

The best idea we've come up with so far is this: We wanted to take this track off the project and then instead, make a new track for the project later on. This way, me and andy can finally get something on OCR, and the project would still get a track from us also, although we havent thought about what track we would do instead. This is of course assuming that our track got accepted, we can't be sure but we're fairly confident its a solid arrangement with good production

Gotcha. I think. Your choice, I guess.

Ok, Ive posted my mix. It sucks ass, but Reason is still not working. And I don't wan't to get chucked of the project. And some other stuff.... You best read the description in the public forum first

Better than nothing, I suppose...

That's because that's all it is right now - believe me, it will be a heck of a lot better, I just got a couple of ideas a few minutes ago from "Darkness Duelling" and "Confronting the Mystic" from Chrono Symphonic.

Plaigarism is illegal. But whatever makes a good track, go ahead...

Oh yeah, I though about naming the song 'My Obligation to Oblivion' wat do guys think

Nice. LATIN! anyone? anyone? That would sound cools...

Having listened to Project Chaos... Oh god yes

Sure hope so.

...it'd be so totally kick-ass if you did themes for both, since each one had about nine games they were the major villians of.

Only one track, per series, per album. But not a bad idea.

Just a thought. I'm really looking forward to seeing this project finished.

You're not the only one.

• Liontamer changed the title to BadAss: Boss Themes: Volume I - History