BadAss: Boss Themes: Volume I - History

Pi_R_Squared

I see that Doomsday is doing a Sigma remix, and at the start it's got both Dr. Wily from the original Mega Man series, and Sigma from the Mega Man X/Maverick Hunter X series.

...it'd be so totally kick-ass if you did themes for both, since each one had about nine games they were the major villians of.

Just a thought. I'm really looking forward to seeing this project finished.

I'll consider it, but I'm already up to about 4 minutes and I've barely even touched on the Sigma boss battle (although truth be told my ideas of it are slim to none, its a pretty crappy boss battle theme).

ed]
That's because that's all it is right now - believe me, it will be a heck of a lot better, I just got a couple of ideas a few minutes ago from "Darkness Duelling" and "Confronting the Mystic" from Chrono Symphonic.

Plaigarism is illegal. But whatever makes a good track, go ahead...

not plaigarism, just ideas, but i do see what you mean, but its more stylistic ideas.

I'll consider it, but I'm already up to about 4 minutes and I've barely even touched on the Sigma boss battle (although truth be told my ideas of it are slim to none, its a pretty crappy boss battle theme).

Oh, I screwed up. I didn't mean to combine them, I meant seperate themes. S'why Pi-r-squared said no.

But honestly, you've got better source material if you chose Dr. Wily instead of Sigma. The Mega Man 3, Mega Man 4, Mega Man 6, and Mega Man 7 Wily Battle themes are much better pieces that most all of Sigma's battle themes.

Mega Man 3: http://music.atomic-fire.com/mp3/src_org_rm3/21%20-%20Final%20Battle.mp3

Mega Man 4: http://music.atomic-fire.com/mp3/src_org_rm4/27%20-%20Final%20Battle.mp3

Mega Man 6: http://music.atomic-fire.com/mp3/src_org_rm6/24%20-%20Final%20Battle.mp3

But with you up to four minutes? That seems like a -lot- of work to abandon, so.

But honestly, you've got better source material if you chose Dr. Wily instead of Sigma. The Mega Man 3, Mega Man 4, Mega Man 6, and Mega Man 7 Wily Battle themes are much better pieces that most all of Sigma's battle themes.

But with you up to four minutes? That seems like a -lot- of work to abandon, so.

Thing is, though, his Sigma WIP is pretty badass. Have you not heard it? Very cool Trance mix. And remeber, theres loads of Dr. Willy remixes on the site (although they are mostly from Megaman 2). And his themes getting mixed again for the Megaman IV Remix Project. Sigma deserves to get a remix. Plus, it was up to Doomsdasy to decide whether to do a Sigma remix or a Dr. Willy remix in the first place (on the fron't page, It originally said ''Dr Willy/Sigma'').

I looked for the WIP, but couldn't find it. Anyway, I was pretty much agreeing with him about the source material thing. Sigma's music is probably tough to do something with, but after hearing the two of you, I'm convinced Doomsday will make it work.

...and to be honest, I prefer the X series.

As far as the Mega Man 2 Dr. Wily themes? No more, no more. :roll: That's right up there with Far Promise and Schala's theme.

As far as the Mega Man 2 Dr. Wily themes? No more, no more. :roll: That's right up there with Far Promise and Schala's theme.

I was actually thinking about doing a nice jazz mix of the Dr. Willy Megaman 2 theme myself, done with saxaphone as a main instrument....

....But Ive decided instead to do a jazz mix of all the Dr.Willy themes (well, a lot of them, anyway), with different main instruments for different themes (saxaphone for Dr Willy Megaman 2, though).

Pracitcally speaking, why is the WIP deadline during Thanksgiving break?

I think it may have something to do with Reason getting all messed up and me not being able to submit a proper mix for the original deadline (a week ago). Or it could have something to do with the fact Liechmiester is getting his friend down to do a guitar solo for his track during thanksgiving break, but I doubt it. So its probably my falt. Sorry.

I found out what was wrong with reason. Suprisingly, techinically nothing is wrong with it. It would be working fine, if it were not for my completely fucked-up audio drivers. Seriously. Really, really fucked up. I'm going to try and see if theres anything I can do, but at this rate, I may as well buy a whole new PC if I ever wan't to use remixing software again.

Well, my dad might let me use his laptop, but I seriously doubt that.

If u haven't already, why don't u just unistall and reinstall the drivers? If you need any help just let me know.

Yeah, I need help with that. Help along the lines of, you know...... how to do it. I mean, do I go into Control panel, and if so, then what?

I was never good at the installing/uninstalling part of hardware or software.

Yeah Doomsday WIP is pretty nasty, also I know when he shows us the 4 min version it's gonna be even nastier.

Lol, iono, maybe, I'm currently working on 2 different computers to get all of this stuff and I'm lazy enough that I don't feel like transferring it all over from my "production computer" to my "internet computer". Also, the tail end of it is sketchy as hell right now and needs a bit of refining. Hopefully by the end of today it'll be up.

If u haven't already, why don't u just unistall and reinstall the drivers? If you need any help just let me know.

Yeah, I need help with that. Help along the lines of, you know...... how to do it. I mean, do I go into Control panel, and if so, then what?

Oh brother :cry: Yeah give me some time but I'll type out something for you. If your on a MAC then I can't really help you. But since you said control panel I'm assuming u run Windows. If you could answer a few questions for me first:

1. Mac or Windows, maybe even Linux...?

2. Desktop or Labtop

2. Wat is your Soundcard? Did you buy a seperate soundcard and install it? Or do you just have have the soundcard that came with your computer?

3. Any other problems with your computer?

Ok this is really important.(this is for windows)

1. Right Click 'My Computer.'

2. Go to 'Manage.'

3. Go to 'Device Manager' on the left hand column.

4. Click on the little speaker icon that says 'Sound, video, and game controllers' next to it.

5. There should be a list that drops down.

6. Tell me everything that is listed in that drop down list.

OK get to it almighty, it is very important you give me everything in that drop down list verbatim(exactly as it is written)

With all that info I'll go track down the drivers for you, and then give you the link and then some more step by step instructions on how to install them properly so you can get everything back to normal.

Oh brother :cry: Yeah give me some time but I'll type out something for you. If your on a MAC then I can't really help you. But since you said control panel I'm assuming u run Windows. If you could answer a few questions for me first:

1. Mac or Windows, maybe even Linux...?

2. Desktop or Labtop

2. Wat is your Soundcard? Did you buy a seperate soundcard and install it? Or do you just have have the soundcard that came with your computer?

3. Any other problems with your computer?

Ok this is really important.(this is for windows)

1. Right Click 'My Computer.'

2. Go to 'Manage.'

3. Go to 'Device Manager' on the left hand column.

4. Click on the little speaker icon that says 'Sound, video, and game controllers' next to it.

5. There should be a list that drops down.

6. Tell me everything that is listed in that drop down list.

OK get to it almighty, it is very important you give me everything in that drop down list verbatim(exactly as it is written)

With all that info I'll go track down the drivers for you, and then give you the link and then some more step by step instructions on how to install them properly so you can get everything back to normal.

Right,

1) Windows

2) Desktop

3) Default Soundcard (the one that came with my PC - whatever that is). Unless someone installed another Soundcard without me knowing - but I highly doubt that.

4) None whatsoever.

Audio Codecs

Legacy Audio Drivers

Legacy Video Capture Devices

Media Control Devices

MPU-401 Compatible MIDI Device

SiS 7081 Audio Driver

Standard Game Port

Video Codecs

• Liontamer changed the title to BadAss: Boss Themes: Volume I - History