BadAss: Boss Themes: Volume I - History

Pi_R_Squared

Alright, due to laptop problems, I have to abandon the intro and go for a straight rock mix, but it's definately gonna be interesting(thinking 9/8 time signature). So when I get a significant amount of progress I will record what I have and post a WIP.

BTW: I'm going to need help on percussion, since I can't sequence anything without my laptop.

Alright, due to laptop problems, I have to abandon the intro and go for a straight rock mix, but it's definately gonna be interesting(thinking 9/8 time signature). So when I get a significant amount of progress I will record what I have and post a WIP.

BTW: I'm going to need help on percussion, since I can't sequence anything without my laptop.

9/8 sounds cool. Can't wait to here it.

Hello Kanjika, I am honored to send you this message, I am hopefull that you check this forum often and this message reaches you soon.

I have been listening to your compositions at the project chaos website and I was deeply moved by three of your songs, those songs are beyond words to descibe how good they are. If there was a medal for outstanding compositions, you would take platinum. If you were to go back in time and be the composer of the Zelda Twilight Princess tracks you would make that game become the ultimate game of the decade!

In fact I encourage you to contact the developer team of the Zelda games for Nintendo Wii and ask if you could do the next Zelda game tracks for them, I'm very sure you would be hired on the spot if you were to give them the following songs:

The Secluded Stronghold

Breathtaking Vision

Stranger to Closure

...As an example on what you can do.

But if it's too much trouble for you then why not try this, contact me by e-mail and make arrangements to chat with me on MSN Live messenger and I'll tell you what I've been working on, and you can deside whether or not to join in on my special project.

ps: I'll private message you my e-mail so I don't get spammed.

:P

Well first off thanks for appreciating those tracks. Always nice to hear how many people like them.

But as for your Zelda idea, well i'm pretty, actually 100% sure that they wouldnt throw Koji Kondo aside for me. There's too many preventing factors, like AGE (i'm not yet out of high school), I have no real prior experience doing that, and tons of other things. That's all I can really say, lol. I DO hope to compose comercially in a few years, but right now, I barely have time to write anything anymore. But thanks for the hype. ^_^

On a side note, i do believe there is a reason that the Twighlight Princess music sounds the way that it does. My friend made this point a while back and it could be true. Nintendo's focus is VIDEO GAMES, and the want Zelda to be exactly that, a video game. The slightly cheezy midish sound is a classic Zelda thing since N64. This I believe is the reason the Wii is not a beefed up powerhouse like 360 or PS3. Nintendo simply wants games to be exactly that: games.

Back on topic, a big PS to everyone.

I think it would be cool to join a project and all but there are a few things holding me back atm.

First: I'm only using the demo version of FL6 as I don't have enough money to buy a full version yet. Meaning that I can't save project files so I can't start a new project w/o finishing the one I'm already working on. And I'm working on something atm. (excuse the run-on explanations)

Second: I don't know if I'd be up to par. I just started remixing, submitted one I wish I could redo (can't because the flp wasn't saved...goes back to the first reason) and finished another (It still needs some work), But as you can see, I'm lacking in the experience department.

Third: I don't know the music for any of the avaliable bosses up there.

But we may be able to work things out, if you want me on it. Here's some links to my work.

FFXI - New Adventurer(The one I wish I could redo): http://www.mediafire.com/?dzkzd4t1omv

Wii Sports - Wiitastic(completed, still needs some work): http://www.mediafire.com/?dy0zwmbwjmm

Zelda 64: OoT - Bolero of Fire(no good name yet, Current wip): http://www.mediafire.com/?8ymlyd2azaz

Hopefully, all these links are updated. Like I said, still an amateur, but pm me if you like for more information or whatever it is you need.

Thanks!

ToN

Wow. Inactivity, take a backseat for a while!

First, let me point out that Newcomer 'Bren' has been added for K. Rool. I just kept forgetting to put him on, is all, but we've spoken over the past week or so.

Now, these new guys, what to do, what to do...

Hal 9000:I don't see why not. Kanjika, agree? Actually, I should be asking Anorak, too. Agree?

(Insert clever parody here): Remix the Serenade of Water, and get back to me.

...No, actually, they weren't too bad (although I do love the Serenade of Water.). I'll have to turn to my peers here. I like the whole 2/3'ds thing. I guess having three managers helps. Kinda.

At least you two have mixes in progress. You've perhaps noticed that things have been slow around here lately? Don't disappoint, yeah?

And ToN, let me point something out. I plan on getting someone to master these tracks, with better samples and everything, so demoFL=OK. Wait, what? Are you telling me you have FL running 24/7 till you finish a track?!? wtf?

An ur gilgamesh song. :)

Uh update on my song...ummmm...yeah...!

I'm redoeing the entire soundscape. A few composition areas will be changed. Nothing major. But I'll be redoeing the entire song in Reason. Also with what I am gonna do now I don't the guitar, but it would still kick ass if it was in there. So it's all up to Tensei wether or not it has guitar in it...i hope it does. :)

Frankly u'll get a much better song outta me if I do an electronic mix rather than rock.

• Liontamer changed the title to BadAss: Boss Themes: Volume I - History