BadAss: Boss Themes: Volume I - History

Pi_R_Squared

Priority is Album Art (covered, mostly), followed by website, wallpaper/misc., followed by extra/bonus.

...Optimistically.

Sure, we could devide it between artists, but its all about flow. Example: Th album art and website should be stylistically similar, but different styles for most of the other stuff could be encouraged.

"but there are more that are willing to lend their abilities"

...others you say? Why, has anyone volunteered or anything?

Yo!

I will have an update b4 the deadline (or dead on it!) however...

The first WIP I submitted for deadline was a dancey version of E.G.G.M.A.N (Instrumental.) I recall being told I need to work on the style and make it fit in.

Now, electronica was encouraged (as was rock and orchestral etc.) from the outset - So, what 'feel' is this project after?

I remember great boss and evil guy themes mainly through energy and urgency with a bleak vibe, maybe a flicker of hope. That's what I'm aiming for.

Should I change my aim?

Long weekend catch-up...

Yo!

The first WIP I submitted for deadline was a dancey version of E.G.G.M.A.N (Instrumental.) I recall being told I need to work on the style and make it fit in.

Now, electronica was encouraged (as was rock and orchestral etc.) from the outset - So, what 'feel' is this project after?

I remember great boss and evil guy themes mainly through energy and urgency with a bleak vibe, maybe a flicker of hope. That's what I'm aiming for.

Should I change my aim?

Well, I did not hear your first WIP (I wasn't a coordinator then), so I don't want to pass judgment on something I haven't heard. But that whole energy, urgency quote is correct, so if your track is following that guideline, it should be alright. Just post what you have when you're ready; I don't want you to go changing your track around just a few days before the deadline.

I'm not dead, btw. Just amazingly over-project-ed with school for the past 6 weeks. Anyway, I might have more time now. Maybe.

Always good to hear that our buds aren't deceased.;-) Did you decide if you were going to give another track a shot?

I'm still looking to contribute to this, but I'm sorry to say that there is no way I'll make the 24th deadline. Over spring break I should have some time, which is the first week or so of March.

That's alright, thank you for letting us know. Get it in as soon as you have the time.

Also, we only have three empty spots left on the main tracklist? Nice. Unless you want to sign up, of course! Then it's bad! For you!

i c wut i did ther.

Yo!

Should I change my aim?

Just... "Badness". Make the bosses cool. The villain you love to hate, but who's side you'd join in an instant. Express that around those genres.

I'm still looking to contribute to this, but I'm sorry to say that there is no way I'll make the 24th deadline. Over spring break I should have some time, which is the first week or so of March.

If you miss the deadline, and someone else gets a WIP in before you, you lose it. But if you get it in first, even late, it's still yours.

I'm not dead, btw. Just amazingly over-project-ed with school for the past 6 weeks. Anyway, I might have more time now. Maybe.

Don't worry about it, you're pretty far anyway. And by "Dont worry", I dont mean get lazy.

I could do some album art.

PM me if you have any ideas.

pu_freak -

The Artists, I don't have a list or anything, so I forgot who they are. PM?

WAH!?!? NO ONE'S DOING GOLDEN SILVER!?

Are there any sign up criteria required to apply? Because I want in for Golden Silver. (Why is it that not many ever does anything in tribute to this fantastic game?)

Yep. Just like Pu said. Send me and PI your best work. Keep in mind that this is also the time where we are really cracking down on the quality of the project tracks.

I must say that this deadline came rather quickly too. :dstrbd:

Oi, I think I'll have to give up my previous request to join this thing. Golden Silver's Theme is too hard to figure for me and I haven't had the time to sit down and actually work on anything for awhile.

Makes me sad, really. :\

I'll probably have to sequence the song before I even make a start on the actual re-arranged version for the sake of saving time with fucking on notation issues. (Course we could collaborate if that's a possible choice.)

I'll probably have to sequence the song before I even make a start on the actual re-arranged version for the sake of saving time with fucking on notation issues. (Course we could collaborate if that's a possible choice.)

I wouldn't mine collaborating, but the problem with that is that I don't have the internet at my house (I'm currently at my sisters). And besides that, I'm using FL Studio 4.5.2. >.>

Just so you know, I am currently 90% finished sequencing the original Golden Silver song from Gunstar Heroes to MIDI. After that, it's 'nick and chop around' time! (I'll post a link here once it's done for proof. This is basically to make things easier for all of us since the song is crazy to begin with... (4/8, 17/16, 5/8, 4/8 at 100BPM..it's that complicated it crashes my app in score view))

EDIT: http://www.vgmusic.com/new-files/GunstarHeroes_GoldenSilver_v101.mid *XG/GM2 OPTIMIZED. (For those that think notation is impossible to decipher from this song. Just finished in 4 hours. Now I'll make a start on the re-arranged version) *corrected square and drum inconsistencies on some devices

Just wanted to check in...I missed the deadline but am working on the Secret of Mana track. (Sure picked a very intimidating song there. >< Always loved it but never realized how complex it was till I looked at the score.) If someone else comes along who really wants it, go ahead and take it, but I'll have a WIP to you guys as soon as possible. It's going in an acid/dance direction, just fyi.

I can also help with any visual art/web design the project still needs. I'm doing the album art and possibly more for the Super Mario 64 remix project and can show ya samples if you like.

• Liontamer changed the title to BadAss: Boss Themes: Volume I - History