BadAss: Boss Themes: Volume I - History

Pi_R_Squared

Yeah, I won't be able to finish this, but I will make the task of whoever wants to finish Sigma a lot easier because I have self-contained the Reason file in a zip file and the wavs that go with it. Anyway, sorry for dropping off the project like this, but if anyone wants to finish off sigma, e-mail me at Samuel.Day@gmail.com and I'll send the zip to you, don't message me because I'm leaving this site temporarily.

ed;246381']...Let me make my point. You aren't "off the project"' date=' so to speak, but I'll be removing you from the front page. Either get a something in, or your spot gets stolen by a new artist. And don't think we aren't looking around for others to call in, too. I would post Abadoss and Rexy, but they at least said why, or rather, even showed around here. They get my leniency.[/quote']

Your mercy is nothing less than... uh... merciful?

(Translation: "Thanks")

Yeah, I won't be able to finish this, but I will make the task of whoever wants to finish Sigma a lot easier because I have self-contained the Reason file in a zip file and the wavs that go with it. Anyway, sorry for dropping off the project like this, but if anyone wants to finish off sigma, e-mail me at Samuel.Day@gmail.com and I'll send the zip to you, don't message me because I'm leaving this site temporarily.

I really hope someone picks this up, I really liked what you had. Too bad you couldn't finish it.

And Fishy, we could use some more guitar from you ;)

Tensei-San was/is doing the Spehiroth theme, but his last update was from November 27th. The theme's up for grabs untill he makes an update

I thought your track sounded pretty finished already... Could we add it to the project even if no-one picks it up? (Hoping someone will, though).

I like days like this. Zone out for the weekend, come back, see a whole mess of posts hit me in the face. Before I get yelled at for zoning out for a whole weekend, let me move on.

So, Vagrance can't keep up? No problem. You gave it your best shot, and at least you're going gracefully instead of just not showing up for months, then letting me prune you off the project. Let's just hope someone picks it up.

The renewed interest in Sephiroth is nice to see. Just remember to try not to focus on 1WA, as we've all gone over before.

Everybody: This will be easier if everyone does it, so a big thing doesnt need to rest on only a few people. SCOUT! Now, I for example, brought ourselves attention to Stemage, from MM, for example. Now, we've all been looking. I don't see why we can't have everyone else help.

I'll try to get more posting done on the private forums. I haven't been doing much there, have I? Hmm...

Has anyone considdered a sonic and knuckles rock style remix of the act1 boss theme for the Dr. Robotnick remix,or a rock style remix of the sonic 1 final zone/boss remix.Is that possible for this project?

Also,I think it's a good idea to have a genre for all remixers to adhere to,because when you have multiple genres of music on one album,it makes the album sound like a mixed bag of musi imo.Rock seems to be wrather popular around ocr these days so why not have a primarolly rock album on ocr for once.

Aaaaaaaaaand..... No one cares anymore?

Ah, jeez. It never gets easier, not even a little bit.

In an effort to spark up some renewed interest, anyone interested in doing a bit of art can PM me. If gts is doing the album art + w/e, maybe we could get others, and if I remember, there were a few instances of people saying they could help. By "help", I don't mean give a stab at it. I mean, if you have some art skill, no shots in the dark. Send me a PM with a request, first-come first serve. I'll dish out projects based on what I think you'll be good at. That means sending prior work for me to take a look at, too. I want to see the end results of experience here, not some n00b attempt at learning how to draw a straight line. There are only a few things I can give out, so hurry it up if you want a spot.

Ppppbbbthhhh....

Yeah. Don't think we're not looking for other artists. And take my word for it, I'm (We're, I assume) not/aren't afraid to dump this whole team in favor of reliable, better artists. Especially considering how slow things have been going lately.

- Second note: If you know of any "Rock" artists, be they actual guitarists, or just someone good with a program, send them our way. Or rather, a much better idea, PM me. Either/Or, really. That goes for mixers and just regular forum-goers. If you know someone, hook us up, don't leave us hanging here, man...

For everyone - Hey, rock isn't a bad shift, right? It tightens focus, and giving the album one unified sound's better then a mish-mosh of different styles. I mean, I was originally worried that it might alienate artists already on the project who don't "do" rock, but it looks like most, if not nearly all of the artists are going to be replaced, well, it doesn't really look like that's a big worry, does it...

*Sigh*... Seriously. If I have to, every current artist can be dropped. I don't hope for it. I really don't. But what needs to be done will be. Take my word for it.

Whoa dude, that threat is totally not warranted. I know I for one have made every due date. Just, you know real life issues on both mine, as well as my collab partners lives have arisen.

I'll be completely honest, even if you did get a whole new team, you'd run into a lull again & again. That's the nature of projects, at least every single one I've been in. Tis the nature of the beast. Just have some faith.

Whoa dude, that threat is totally not warranted. I know I for one have made every due date. Just, you know real life issues on both mine, as well as my collab partners lives have arisen.

I'll be completely honest, even if you did get a whole new team, you'd run into a lull again & again. That's the nature of projects, at least every single one I've been in. Tis the nature of the beast. Just have some faith.

Perhaps that was worded a bit too strongly. Let me put it this way: I don't want to replace the whole team. That's the last thing I want. But participants who say they have time to donate to the project and then ignore it can't really be trusted to put all they can into it inthe future. Easpeccialy if they don't even show to point out they're still around. You've made every due date. That's good. I understand not everone can do what is asked of them, and accomadations will (and have) been made. I'm sorry for any miscommunication on my part. If anyone has any issues with a due date, or making schedule, or showing for a few weeks, just tell me. I'll do what I can do. Being the coordinator of this project, there's a lot I can do.

I know every project hits it's slow points. This one has had a few. But when some artists are making the date, and others are a total no-show, and don't respond to contact, they're off. Let me put it this way: Odds are, if you're reading this, you're safe. At least it means you're around.

I suggest you hold on for a little longer. Summer vacation's just around the corner and this is the time where school can be very time consuming. I have exams coming up, so don't expect too much from me this month(s).

People that do not show when they have time are slackers... but that's not your entire team.

I suggest you hold on for a little longer. Summer vacation's just around the corner and this is the time where school can be very time consuming. I have exams coming up, so don't expect too much from me this month(s).

People that do not show when they have time are slackers... but that's not your entire team.

Oh yeah, I know... but it doesn't mean hanging on to those people who haven't said a word since the start of the project. The project won't fail becuase of the artists, no it won't. There are people like you, The Joker, rpggamer180, who even can just pop in every once in a while to let me know "Even if I'm not working now, I'll be soon." I won't drop you. I'll save that spot on the front page 'till you can get around to working.

In ~3 months, this project will be a year old. I'm astounded. I have no problem waiting longer to find the team that will finsih with me. Some of them are here. Some people who are here won't be when that time comes. I appreciate the support they gave when they first gave things a try, but if they can't do it, it's not the end of the world. It's up to them, not me.

I gotta about half of my update finished. It's mostly just the rythms being completely redone. I am filling out the rest of the song how my current version sounds that's in the private wips forum.

Oh yeah Wynd_Balduram can do some nasty rock music. He submitted a really good FFMQ mix a little while back. If we're goin for a mainly rock based album that severly narrows the available artist list IMO.

Like Pu I'm gonna be hella busy the next month with school wrapping up and also there are some big events coming in for my work. Hopefully I'll get the update out soon.

if an electro/orchestral/bit of rock blend (like my old WIP now) isn't going to cut it, I'm afraid I'll be dropping out.

I like the word 'if'. World of possibility. Word of possibilities. Hehehe..

it wouldn't take much for your current WIP to meet what I have in mind. Just "Throwing in a Guitar" wouldn't exactly count as a suggestion, but I can see one fitting in nicely, and still keeping close to what you already have. If no one's asked for Stemage's (Metroid Metal guy, again. OCR name is GrantHenry) help, give that a shot. We have a few Guitarists on the front page, as well. I hope you don't drop, what you have so far has some great potential. But there's a while I can wait to see things develop.

On both subjects:

- I'll hold off on a new deadline for now. I've been nuts with school like everyone else. Search for good artists till Mid-May, then we can progress.

- I've asked GrantHenry if he had anyone contact him yet, no response yet. Either he's busy, or forgot he has an ocr account. He seemed to be way more into polishing everything the closer we get to finishing, so I'll just ask when the time comes. Otherwise, try to use the other guitarists on the list, yeah?

Avaris, I'll go check out that Wynd guy right now.

• Liontamer changed the title to BadAss: Boss Themes: Volume I - History