BadAss: Boss Themes: Volume I - History

Pi_R_Squared

Alright, Pi. I can do that. I've just the guy to record for me, as well. (www.myspace.com/anchoredcross)

Hell, maybe I'll even work with him on this mix. I like his style and I think it'd be interesting to hear it in play along with mine.

As for "Radio" quality, you might have to hook me up with some soundfonts, since the ones I have aren't all too great (you can check out my newest WIP thread for a taste of what I have). But other than that, I think I can deliver what you want for this thing. It's just too bad I don't have any of my Guitar gear up here. I'd live record my stuff in a heart-beat (not that I'm all that great anyways xD).

The Joker:

Well...now you're giving me ideas. Rock, with Techno influences and an Orchestra. Complete with, uh...more Techno? xD

I don't know if it's too late, but can I...

1.) Recommend a boss: Dark Samus. She's bad, she's black and glowy, and she has a pretty cool song when you first fight her in MP2. Kraid or (more likely) Ridley could also substitute here.

2.) Unofficially contribute to that remix/do it- If you would like a remix of that tune I mentioned above for Dark Samus to add to the project, I'll get working on it ASAP. I missed registration (curse homework for all eternity!), but would love to help out if I could. If not, that's alright. I'm looking forward to this and literally buzzing with anticipation for when it's released.

I'd love to remix one of the EX boss themes off of a Touhou game, preferably Fujiwara no Mokou from Imperishable night. But I don't know if I can keep the commitment if I say I can... No free time with my homework and stuff getting in the way. Add to the fact that I'm lazy AND slow and... well...

I'd like to. If I'm 100% sure I can I'd do it.

ed;261139']...Registrations?

If you're allowing them, sign me up. I'll just start working on it this weekend anyway, for the heck of it if you will. I'm starting to think that the Final Battle 2 (where Samus fights the Emperor Ing for the second time) would be much more re-mix friendly. Who knows, I'll just start on it.

I'm making a piano-heavy song (as piano is probably the best sounding synth I got, and I love pianos even though I'm a drummer) but I haven't been able to do much of anything with homework and senior projects bogging me down.

I'm trying really hard on this, even with things getting in my way. But I don't know if it'll be up to what you want because it is my first mix and all... Of course, I'm not going to give up on it, because even if I get rejected hopefully someone can tell me how to make my mixes better.

EDIT: Gah... this song has sooooo many notes in it. I can't even keep up with the original song well enough to figure out which note is which. I might pick a different song at this rate...

EDIT 0.0.2: Changing song. I can't do this one, not by ear anyway. A little too fast for me. I'll remix one of these songs, definitely, because I know (and like) them better:

Flight of the Bamboo Cutter ~ Lunatic Princess

Gensokyo Millenium ~ History of the Moon

Both from the same game as the other song (Touhou 8: Imperishable Night) but much easier to remix because the songs don't become impossible to follow 10 seconds after they start. :P

I'll probably do Lunatic Princess because I think it sounds better on a plain old piano sound.

School is kicking my ass and my mix isn't exactly noteworthy. Or done, for that matter. In fact, I seem to have hit yet another remixer's block or something, and I haven't worked on it for ages.

Eh... The more I think about it, just giving up sounds more appealing, but I hate doing that :?

School is kicking my ass and my mix isn't exactly noteworthy. Or done, for that matter. In fact, I seem to have hit yet another remixer's block or something, and I haven't worked on it for ages.

Eh... The more I think about it, just giving up sounds more appealing, but I hate doing that :?

If you're still having issues with the notes, I have a midi that you could use as a cheat sheet.

I know I've been absent for a while here, so let me apologize. But I come back and... hey, stickied! Whats up with that?

...Anyway, just give me a day or two to get everything done that I should have over the past week. Sorry 'bout any inconveniences.

But... something said on the Minibosses' forum got me thinking. Am I as project leader being to pretentious? I mean, I think I might be getting ahead of myself with this. The boss motif isn't a half-bad idea, but everything else might be pushing it. I don't want to sound too negative, but all the extra ideas are probably better left until later, if at all. I don't know what to do here anymore. We're flopping around, half the mixers that sign up end up getting kicked off, it's nuts, it really is. Don't take this the wrong way, everyone. Might sound like a sign-off, but it's not. I mean, is it really so hard to find reliable artists? I keep hearing "Cool, boss themed album. Nice idea, there", but does no one want to jump on? It seems more like "Let's jump ship, before it gets worse", more like it.

No offense meant to those of you sticking around, but let's pull things together here. I can't be the only one noticing it, I'm just going to jump out and be the first to say it. If we don't clean up, we're going to fail.

...Another thing. Why does it seem like a deadline is the only way to motivate people? (No offense to those of you that actually do what you said you'd do. Nice update there, too, Avaris. After I make a few comments on that, and some last-minute tweaking, it might be submissions-worthy.) I know I'm going to get those of you that say Summer's coming, and everyone will have free time, and I acknowledge that. But still...

In short, we need reliable artists. I really want to wait until summer to see if everyone shows back up, but I know if they haven't showed around lately, it's not like most of them are going to come back. For the most part, it's not going to happen. I'm just not sure what to do. We need artists. We can't get artists. And again, no offense to anyone, but if you've never mixed before, odds are you aren't going to end up with anything project-worthy on your first try.

As far as the tracks themselves go, I'd hate to change things up again, but here 'goes...

"A track can contain any track from any game in a series, as long as the theme of the boss specified makes up the majority of the track"

I can't see that making things harder for anyone, right? Look... I've said what we need to do. Now let's try to do it, ok?

Thanks Pi. Fishy is gonna lay down some sweets guitar on the mix. He has exams coming up and other shite so it might be awhile till we can get a fully finished version done wth guitars. In the meantime anyone is free to make comments about the song. Some parts will will be replaced or layered in with guitars.

I def think it's a good idea to make the proj open to any remixer doin any boss theme.

Yea, this project is about the least active project I'm on but I still think it suffers from exam-time. But, if you look at the Summoning of Spirits project for instance, you'll see that every project has this sort of problems. Fact is, we need some more artists (and perhaps some more experience) in this crew.

I think when a few mixes are ready (avaris', mine, there are other that are close to being done with the arrangement), we could use some for promotional stuff? Just throwing ideas here. And I'll make some more GIFs (I know I should've done that ages ago), who knows it might help

• Liontamer changed the title to BadAss: Boss Themes: Volume I - History