BadAss: Boss Themes: Volume I - History

Pi_R_Squared

Oh, you were looking at the old forums. Nobody uses those anymore so a bunch of spambots hang out there now. We need to archive the helpful posts and delete that place now that we have a better forum. (so much to do...)

Anyway, if you want to join the project you'll need to show us what you can do. Do you have a demo track we can listen to? If you do you can PM it to Pi/Kanjika or myself and we'll evaluate it. Or you can post in it the thread, if that's easier.

Oh, you were looking at the old forums. Nobody uses those anymore so a bunch of spambots hang out there now. We need to archive the helpful posts and delete that place now that we have a better forum. (so much to do...)

Anyway, if you want to join the project you'll need to show us what you can do. Do you have a demo track we can listen to? If you do you can PM it to Pi/Kanjika or myself and we'll evaluate it. Or you can post in it the thread, if that's easier.

Well, I'd have one but it's old. I'd like to remake it with complete FL7 program. I need to buy it as possible. Before I used FL6 demo, now I tried FL7 demo but it's too limited.

Thanks for the feedback anyway. If I come up with something I'll surely PM you or post the WIP here.

Look Pi, I know things havent been flowing with this project, but you;re suppoed to be the motivating guy or the one that goes behind everyone's asses to hand in their WIPs. I think play time is over for a while, but being depressed about it isn't going to help.

We seriously need to look for another method to keep/get this project running

Since I need some time to get full version of FL7, I could work with basal FX and trying something. I'd try to take King K.Rool Remix (Donkey Kong Country).

But question: which K.Rool theme from DKC series? 1-2-3 or 64 or even all in one medley?

I work better with medleys :mrgreen:

May I post the WIP here or PM anybody of the Project?:roll:

I think play time is over for a while, but being depressed about it isn't going to help.

I'm not depressed, I'm frustrated, which I've been trying hard to avoid. And the only way I can think of getting anyone else interested in the project is going back to the community board. I wouldn't mind it, but then who's gonna join? We got only so many people interested back then. I know I'm supposed to be motivating, but there's no point when I send a PM to someone, and don't get anything back! Not "I'm dropping", not "I'll be late". And you know what? It's not even like they're off of OCR. There they are, posting in other threads, so they're clearly still around.

I don't want to come off as flying off the handle here, because I'm not. It's not a breakdown, or the snapping point. But, seriously, I think going back to community's a great idea, because right now it seems to be our only one.

Tyrog - If you want to join, we'll need something to gauge you by. It's usually not worth it to take someone without any skill, because a project needs to know that it's members can preform with the necessary skill level. That's not always true, and not any kind of indication on your behalf, but it's necessary.

EDIT - Oh, uh, whichever you choose. If you don't want everyone to hear it, just PM it to me.

ed;315534']Tyrog - If you want to join' date=' we'll need something to gauge you by. It's usually not worth it to take someone without any skill, because a project needs to know that it's members can preform with the necessary skill level. That's not always true, and not any kind of indication on your behalf, but it's necessary.

EDIT - Oh, uh, whichever you choose. If you don't want everyone to hear it, just PM it to me.[/quote']

I could try with some WIP, I remember there's an audition or something like.

I may PM you. If it's not alright, no problem. :razz:

Well, to be fair, Friday isn't over yet. But...we do need to do something different, or else we'll be buried under the ever increasing amount of new projects that seem to start so often. If we don't discuss our options the project will continue to flounder, as mixers get bored with us and wander off to join "The Pimp Daddy Link" project or whatever else is new this week. Some sort of consensus needs to be reached as to what we can do to get back on track.

I'll wait until tomorrow to start reviewing WIPs so, hopefully, more people will get a chance to get something in. Or at least drop by and leave a note. Thank you to all who have already taken the time to do this.

So... weekend's practicly over, time to make up the bill. The big question being: Where do we stand and what are we going to do about it?

I've been thinking about it...and I don't know. It's really hard to stay motivated when it seems like nobody cares about the project except those who are on it. Well, the ones who are actually 'here', anyway.

I can't think of anything we can do to save the project. Sure, we could move back to community, but we've already PMed so many mixers, why would they decide to just come on board?

I had this whole big post planned out, but is it even worth typing out? Only a few people will read it and moaning about how mixers keep abandoning us isn't going to help us. And how we've been around for more than a year and barely have anything done... I guess I'm being all doomy and gloomy, but I honestly don't see us finishing anymore.

Yea that's true... it's naive to think that a project will be done at the end of a year, but we do have to get back our momentum. Perhaps move the thread once more and make a call for more remixers (I don't know how).

But it's not as if there's nothing done yet. I mean, there are some tracks that are pretty close to completion (leepmeister's track is done right?) and some are good on their way. Not all is lost

• 3 weeks later...

Well, nice to hear it. I updated the front page a bit, so I think I've got it all right out. I hope I didn't remove somebody I didn't notice was still on. So I think I might do a revision of the left over bosses soon. If someone's there that hasn't been taken I'll just replace it.

Or better idea. Create two groups. One of taken bosses, one much larger pool of untaken bosses, including those once removed. If someone wants to pick one of them, it gives them a larger group to pick from, and it doesn't pressure myself of the project to get X done. Thoughts?

• Liontamer changed the title to BadAss: Boss Themes: Volume I - History