BadAss: Boss Themes: Volume I - History

Pi_R_Squared

• 2 weeks later...

I want to see this project MOOOOOVE. I've actually been extremely idle as far as music making goes the past couple months, but I've been thinking of picking up my K.Rool mix and continuing to work on it again. Interest needs to be stirred I say into this project. Get it out there and make it known.

• 2 months later...

Okay, so I'm definitely available as a keyboardist, and I've been working on a Dr. Wily Stage 1 (Mega Man 2) remix for a while already...so count me in for the Dr. Wily/Sigma part. I'm gonna try my best to incorporate all the Dr. Wily and Sigma theme songs into it.

Hi, have sent a PM to Pi_R_[]ed that I wish to join and take on the dark force track from Phantasy star but I have received no reply.

It makes me wonder how serious I should take this.

I haven't been on this page in a long time but I can see that progress in general is slow (No offense). I don't see the problem, a project with so few tracks should be done in 2-4 months, but that's just me, hehe.

Usually, project tend to take up to about a year, although there are many projects here that have reached that point a long time ago.

Pi seems to be missing however, again. This project needs a (co)leader, but I'm too busy at the moment to be able to do anything. So, you can of course join this project as a mixer, but what we really need is a good coordinator that can get things rolling again. Whether that's Pi with a miraculous retur or someone else

• 2 weeks later...

Alright, I'm in. I just want to see how many of the old guard are still up for this project. So far I've seen pu_freak, & Metal. Other than those 2, I think the tracklist needs some revising. We'll basically start over on that count, with the exeption of the the guys I've mentioned (inlcuding me). I'll check around & see if anyone else is interested. See if I can't call in some favors.

Also, I liked pi's last idea, that we focus on villian & boss themes. Whether they be mini bosses, main bosses, or character themes for the bosses. Keeping the darker aspect to it, but allowing both aggressive as well as more mellow mixes within it.

What do you guys think?

Also, I liked pi's last idea, that we focus on villian & boss themes. Wether they be mini bosses, main bosses, or character themes for the bosses.

Is it possible to include lesser known bosses and boss themes? I want to use this opportunity to bring in music from games that would never get into albums otherwise. I haven't met a boss theme I haven't at least somewhat enjoyed, so if I can get my mixing skills up to par in time I am so in.

Examples of boss themes I might want to remix include:

Crash Bandicoot Warped: N Gin

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Gah! Something has caught my attention about the track list.

"Gary Oak" is the name of a character from the Pokémon anime. The video game character's name should be "Blue". Since this is supposed to be a video game remix project, it makes sense to use the proper name from the proper media.

Most fans of the game do not like to mix or mingle the game and the show together. I jst thought you should know in case you get a bunch of "GARY OAK IS NOT IN TEH ANIMEZ!" messages after this gets released.

• Liontamer changed the title to BadAss: Boss Themes: Volume I - History