BadAss: Boss Themes: Volume I - History

Pi_R_Squared

I think I did a Cortex remix for an old compo back in the day. It probably sounded horrible. I do remember someone on the old CtC project had one though. Wonder what happened to that. Maybe I'll tackle it for Volume 2.

Yes, that person was me. :P

I was hoping to make it a guitarist collaboration, but the actual track never got finished and the original project co-ordinator vanished off the face of the earth.

But if you want, I could try a new arrangement. The reception for "Hogtied" on the Sonic 1 project went down really well, so I could try something in a similar vein for the Crash 1 version of Cortex's theme. I'm game to finish off what I started, and at least have a "spiritual" possession of a Crash Bandicoot mix on OCR :P

(Brandon, I think you might be needed again if it goes according to plan xD)

Yes, that person was me. :P

I was hoping to make it a guitarist collaboration, but the actual track never got finished and the original project co-ordinator vanished off the face of the earth.

But if you want, I could try a new arrangement. The reception for "Hogtied" on the Sonic 1 project went down really well, so I could try something in a similar vein for the Crash 1 version of Cortex's theme. I'm game to finish off what I started, and at least have a "spiritual" possession of a Crash Bandicoot mix on OCR :P

(Brandon, I think you might be needed again if it goes according to plan xD)

:-o! I'm game!

• 1 month later...
Blue Dragon boss music? Really? The one with the cringeworthy vocals that made me turn off my Xbox and never touch the game again?

Dude, are you kidding? "Eternity" was so damn cheesy that it was epic. I loved that song. Now, the voice-acting of some of the characters, on the other hand, made my ears bleed. Also ,the villain had the worst name for a villain I've ever encountered. "Nene"? Really? That was the name of one of my old cats.

Now, on to this album, damn, I can't wait. I listen to "Badazz" all the time, I'm so glad I caught it back in its late stages of WIP. But the last two tracks of Volume one? They look EPIC. I can't WAIT to hear them. I'm so glad this album is still rolling along. I really hope it drops soon.

• 3 weeks later...
Sorry to bother and ask, but is there a set release date for Vol.1?

Or is it floating around for now?

I'm just excited to hear the all the boss tunes.

I think the next album released will be the Nights one...maybe after that.

As far as I know, this album hasn't yet been submitted for review by staff - so release is not imminent.

As someone with a vested interest in seeing this one get released, I'm gonna start prodding Mr. Joker to get this moving :)

I am currently working with Mr. Joker on getting the album into eval. It isn't an imminent release but it also definitely isn't far off in the horizon. We've got a few more albums in eval at the moment, this one will be added after a few things are taken care of.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Liontamer changed the title to BadAss: Boss Themes: Volume I - History