BadAss: Boss Themes: Volume I - History

Pi_R_Squared

no more suggestions? blast! I was about to suggestsome from Silent Hill, Chrono Cross and Golden Axe... :(

whatever... do you mind explaining this starred and unstarred system? first I though of them as the "important" and "discardable" bosses... but then we have the ones which are both... :whatevaa:

how does it work, anyway?

Starred bosses are the big guys that are "locked" meaning the will be on the final list. The others are what's really being voted on. The bosses that are indented are just minibosses.

I thought this would be simple enough... but

** means starred. These will end up on the album, period.

No stars means it may end up on the album, if it ranks high enough based on users votes.

_____Indents are minibosses, or are not big enough to have their own track. DO NOT include minibosses in your vote.

If it's available and you're still accepting remixers for the project, I would love to take on the Sephiroth Boss Battle remix. (FF Fanboy and all that :P) Admittedly, I am a complete n00b (working on some WIPs but I haven't got anything on OCR), but you don't have to worry about delays- I've got nothing to do until September, really, so plenty of time to work on a Remix ^_^

And just out of interest, which song would be being remixed for the Sephiroth battle? One Winged Angel would be pretty difficult since it's already been done in plenty of different ways...

Remixers can apply at any time, and yes, it is one-winged angel. If Im not mistaken, Sephiroth has three different peices, you can include those, as long as OWA is dominant in the mix.

Mystic quest was included once, but removed because we ended up with around 6 bosses from the Final Fantasy series. I will put it back, but only because it was already there once, and it is a spin-off, and not part of the main series.

Also, try reading the posts next time... we are going for rock, orchestra, techno, not ambiance.

Hi there, i recieved a PM about this project from Kanjika, and i'd love to take part.

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/songInfo.cfm?bandID=120752&songID=3993341

Thats the sort of music i make nowadays just in case i need an audition piece.

Very cool. Just what I was looking for from the bunch of people I PMed. If you want a starred track, you can claim one now.

ed]Remixers can apply at any time, and yes, it is one-winged angel. If Im not mistaken, Sephiroth has three different peices, you can include those, as long as OWA is dominant in the mix.
Funny, I came to this thread for the sole purpose of bringing this up. I was actually going to request that Birth of a God be remixed instead because A: it's probably easier, and B: there are like 9 official versions of One Winged Angel already. If someone can do another good version of OWA I'm all for it, but I don't think I've ever heard Birth of a God remixed at all while we've already heard OWA in rock, orchestral, and techno. It's no big deal really, I guess I'm just requesting that the remixer that takes Sephiroth put a little BoaG in there. If not I'm sure it'll be remixed in the FFVII project anyway, so it's all good.

In other news, I voted. And you should too.

Pi said it pretty well. Even here I see this as a good chance to focus on something that I won´t typically do stylistically, but am in because of its wide potential.

And yeah, I was about to suggest the final boss of FFMQ but it´s ok to see how the talks go with that. :)

I suggested it a f ew pages ago. It better be on the final tracklist. That is the best baddest boss song ever.

Damn Kanjika. First he wimps out on Chrono Symphonic, then he's late with my song (though I was a little late on the payment...but WGAF), and now he's PMing all my remixers and shit. Ellywu2, Sleepy Emp...no doubt Unknown and Russell Cox, too. You should be ashamed. :evil:

:roll::D

~.C.S.~

Yep. I PMed like 8 people from Chrono Symphonic. :) That takes care of some of the orchestral msuic we need. Anyone know some good electronica/techno ReMixers?

If you aren't voting because you don't know all of the bosses on the list you can just do what I did and only list the ones you know followed by a disclaimer saying "I don't know the rest of the bosses/songs so I place all of them equally behind the ones I listed," or something to that effect. At least, I wasn't told to do my vote over so I assume that was okay.

If you aren't voting because you don't know all of the bosses on the list you can just do what I did and only list the ones you know followed by a disclaimer saying "I don't know the rest of the bosses/songs so I place all of them equally behind the ones I listed," or something to that effect. At least, I wasn't told to do my vote over so I assume that was okay.

That would be fine. Try to rank them somewhat...like if you've heard of boss X but not boss Y or Z, but boss X above the others..or something.

Exactly. I left out people like, let's say The Sinistrals because I've never played Lufia or heard the soundtrack. I'm sure some of you would be leaving out Rugal while I placed him up pretty high because I love KoF. That's why you need to vote!

• Liontamer changed the title to BadAss: Boss Themes: Volume I - History