BadAss: Boss Themes: Volume I - History

Pi_R_Squared

I cant believe you just said that. A friend and I were talking about releasing bonus tracks after the end of the project.

But, we don't have to worry about that for a few months, do we?

On another note, anyone think they could make some sigs? Coordinator, and Remixer, specifically.

The sig is great, but I regret to inform you that we already have an album artist, handpicked by me from deviantArt.

I suppose it's prime time to reveal the album art, too. No WIP is available yet, but here's a brief description:

A rock concert stage, with Sephiroth on lead guitar, Ganon on base, and Bowser on drums. Each instrument is themed after the villian (ex: Seph's guitar has a One-Winged Angel theme, Bowser's drums are based on koopa shells, etc...). The crowd is filled with baddies from all the series featured in the album.

Feedback, anyone? Kanjika and I think it's a great idea, but if anyone else has other ideas, they'd be welcome. BTW, the guys known as "gts" on dA.

Check out his gallery here.

I've havent played Lufia in years, but if this is the castle, and this is the battle, it sounds to me like you would have more to work with, and a more boss-like sound if you used the actual battle theme.

But hey, your the remixer. what can I do?

...wait, I'm the Coordinator...

I'll just throw in that if you do do it, and I'll list you for it, try to use both. At least throw in a reference to the battle theme.

the links come up as access forbidden, but i looked at what midi's those are linked too, and u got the rights ones.

I will incorporate the battle theme with the castle theme. I'll get that right feel don't worry. Thanks for letting me use the castle theme. I was plannin on doin a mix of the castle theme sometime, guess nows it.

First WIPs? I dont think I can even mention a date until I get more artists on. Something tells me Ill be getting finished tracks at the same time the last two or three artists will be added on. Honestly, Im starting to worry a bit.

But for now, don't worry about it. just take your time, and start working on the tracks like normal.

Wait... what? When you say original, do you mean the art, the remixes, or the idea in general? Because... you can't hear sigs.

And lead vocals? By which, do you mean, if any other artists need a voice?

...just asking to clear it up, I'm just a little lost right now.

Nono. I meant the concept for the artwork was original. As in, doing them in a concert is neat.

Then you say you have three of the villians in the band, with drums, guitar, and bass. I just figured you'd round it out by having someone only being the "singer" of the group.

Well, Sephiroth's gonna be both lead guitar and vocals. Maybe I shoulda mentioned that. Unless you can think of someone better (Side note: Has Ozzy ever been in a video game? That'd be weird...). But, thanks, I'm glad people like the idea.

Other albums have art that's just too simple. No offense to the artists. But, for example, Kong in Concert is just a banana peel. Relics of the Chozo's a scene from the game, albeit reworked to look better. The only one that really would catch my eye, if these were in a store(assuming that seeing Kirby on the cover of an album is normal), would be Dark Side of Phobos.

Granted, there are great albums with simple covers out there (The White Album comes to mind), but thats just not what I had in mind for this one.

Well, I have more news on the art. I spoke with our artist. To put it, we're redesigning these bosses for a bio section for the project website.

Each character will be remodeled with a new, updated design, to fit with a more rock, sorta look. Maybe a little bit darker, maybe a little bit more expensive...

For example, the one instance I was talking about with gts (the artist, if you all forgot), Sephiroth would have a sleeveless trenchcoat, with a Jenova-Life Double-Helix like tattoo on his arm. And a new hairdo. Something along those lines. Anybody with suggestions, throw them in. I want to see bowser's mowhawk fade to black, personally.

The other example I had in mind was TGMP in a hot tub, in yellow-brown stained water. Bits of who-knows-what floating around. A gross mental image, but it gets the job done.

Dont forget, on the work are Seph, Bowser, Dr. Wily, Ganondorf (the human one, not the pig-demon one), and Magus. But, all of them are getting a "makeover", so to speak, so any of them would be good. We're always ready for suggestions.

Oh, and yes, Wily's on keybord.

Pimptastic, as it were.

• 2 weeks later...

Well, I got the idea after playing Sarfox Command for a while, what if StarWolf was represented as a street gang, that would be including Wolf, Leon, Panther, maybe Pigma. I never liked him.

Also, what would people think If we changed the name to "Crescendo to Catastrophe"? Its a little busy, but they are already making Project Chaos, and it just feels weird that there are going to be two projects with "Chaos" in the name

• Liontamer changed the title to BadAss: Boss Themes: Volume I - History