BadAss: Boss Themes: Volume I - History

Pi_R_Squared

Most of Kirbymixer's tracks are at VGMix, though it's hard saying that now ever since that site's down at the moment. I think the only two remixes that seem to be in mere existance at the moment is "Drops of Dreamriver" from Rise of the Star (which Nineko linked to) and his sole entry into the PRC "I See Light", which ironically, covered some Kirby 64 music ;)

Well, I gave mixers two months. Ample time for a WIP. But if someone doesnt get it in by then, they're out.

Its not really for getting things done early, it just lets them know that sooner or later they are going to have to get things done. If they're serious about the project, they will ind the time to get the WIP in. See?

Oh, by the way, I officially decided (although I've already mentioned it plenty times) that we ARE GOING TO HAVE A VOLUME 2. That way, we cover what we missed (and the rest in vol. III!). Besides, It'll give us all something to do.

This is a warning: KANJIKA, IF YOU ARE LISTENING, POST, GODDAMIT! ITS BEEN A MONTH!. If he doesn't show soon, I'm picking someone new to help. It's not that I need any assistance at the time being, but saying you are dedicated, and showing it are two different things.

Oh, BTW, we now have 14/27 people signed up. Think its time to ask for a move? We may not have every track assigned like some projects cough*megaman*cough, but thats what "general" is for, right? The attention, to get new people to sign up!

Would anyone have a problem if we end up with any tracks with two mixers? In the most optomistic light possible, every track would have 5 people on it. But that ain't happening. But, usually, having more than one mier on a track lets it develop into something deeper, because it gets two viewpoints, and two sets of mixing skills, right?

Man, thats what I like to see. mlo, you want it, you got it. Screw famous people (no offense to famous people). They get cars, they have huge houses, they get to go on commercial space flights... I think its about time the average joes gets their cut! My fellow humans, let us rise, rise and throw a rebellion against Hollywood and the likes! No more crappy buddy movies! No more sappy Romances! And how about making the news back into the news? It's not supposed to be a sitcom. I just want to know if its going to rain this weekend! And commercials should advertise the product they're selling! I take bake what I said before! All offense to famous people. They suck.

... mlo you don't need to be a famous mixer to get on. You just need to be good. So, where are these said "WIP"s? Do you have a track in mind?

ed]This is a warning: KANJIKA, IF YOU ARE LISTENING, POST, GODDAMIT! ITS BEEN A MONTH!. If he doesn't show soon, I'm picking someone new to help. It's not that I need any assistance at the time being, but saying you are dedicated, and showing it are two different things.

I told you that I would start checking here again, so don't worry.

And everyone can also send wips to me now.

I was just thinking last week that it might be cool to remix the Atma Weapon theme from FFVI (Orchestral). Any chance that boss list is flexible, or is it in stone already? That's okay if it is. I think I still might be interested in maybe tackling one, if you want me to. I'll pick one if 'ney' on Atma Weapon.

Edit: Oh nm. I didn't see the voting ended part. Hmm...let's see...

Sure. You have an audition piece? I ask that every time, no one seems to get it...

HUGE ISSUE!! Some people signed up for this project (namely Dew., Cerrax, and Adhesive_Boy) got the PM's I sent out, but have not yet read them. I have all of their AIM's listed for myself, but only Adhesive_Boy is ever on, although he is always away. How do I get their attention? I only have AIM, but if anyone else has one of the other services, try to get their attention. I don't want to lose anybody just because they ran out of time.

You'll have to forgive me, I'm just too lazy to read. :wink: Plus I don't check Request forum that often so this thread is new to me. Sorry bout that.

Well I got some new samples, so I'd hate to give you old crap. I have a submission on the judges panel now though:

http://www.jamesgeorgemusicandsound.com/files/Visions_Of_Kin.mp3

It's kind of a tamer track though. If I do a boss theme, don't worry, I'll pull out the kick ass stuff, whatever I got.

Well, the first 16 seconds are OK, too bad the download corrupted after that. It's not your fault, its mine. Ill have to re-download it some other time.

BUT! I came up with an idea for sigs. On the left, all the bad guys in a group, chasing the good guys off the right. If they can fly, they fly. Bowser in the Koopa Clown Car, DeDeDe holding his mallet above his head, Mother Brain in a jar on wheels...?

Mario leading the group, hat almost flying off, Samus in morph ball form, Sonic... also rolled up into a ball. But they all looked scared shitless, like "Oh man, we're really screwed now".

Anyone think that could all be fit into a little sig?

If I do a boss theme, don't worry, I'll pull out the kick ass stuff, whatever I got.

You'd better. It got interesting towards the end, and now I want to hear more! The only problem is that, if thats the intro, it's too long. So, I guess your on. Don't disappoint!

Kick Ass should be our tagline. If not badass, which I have used uncountable amounts of times.

ReMixers, think of your favorite mix, in this genre. Everybody has one. Now, do better than that. Simple! Don't give "It's too hard" or "There's no way I could be that good!". Just... be better. If that artist is better than you, point him or her in our direction. Or, better yet. why not take a good opportunity to collaborate? Maybe you will end up making a great team.

• Liontamer changed the title to BadAss: Boss Themes: Volume I - History